What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deadliest animal

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    luck

Deadliest animal - Here's the poll

• Eastern Diamondback

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eastern Coral Snake

• Cottonmouth

• Eastern Panther

• Earthworm

• Eastern Box Turtle

• American Alligator

• American Crocodile

• Anolis Carolinensis

• Pygmy Rattlesnake

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, it fits the riddle too about the rabbit. But he says it kills with poison, but I don't think salmonella actully creates a posion. So doesn't that mean it has to have venom? Or the real killer is salmonella not the turtle?

Well I always think of it as the Tortoise and the Hare...not the Turtle and the rabbit.

Ok, that makes sense.  I'm going with that logic & editing my answer, although I can't change my vote.
Sheesh! Anymore convincing arguments?

i say the earthworm because no one suspects it, and it's always the quiet ones....

Earthworm. Quite a few are invasive(as in from Overseas, I believe) and they do lots of strange things to the soil(not all good).

Joe

i went with turtle

I vote pygme rattlesnake. Those critters are little enough that you could step on them without seeing them.

I voted the lizard thing just beacuse ive never heard of it and it sounds cool
smile_n_32.gif

If we are going with death of settlers then I must go with the turtle.

Even though the coral is most deadly on its own.

ok, i changed my mind. i voted for the cottonmouth, throught the turtle is suspecious
laugh.gif
. Zongyi

Pound for pound the most dangerous animal onthe planet is the Amoeba
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Pound for pound the most dangerous animal onthe planet is the Amoeba
Ha! Wonder why that makes me think of the movie "The Bolb?"
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Eastern Coral Snake.

I thought I would point this out...
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]scottychaos, like I said before, this animal kills by using poison not disease. So that will rule out mosquitos, ticks, and a few others.

At any rate salmonella is more of a disease. Not a poison.

Earthworm. The wet areas that were first settled are loaded with large earth worms. They were collected and boiled like pasta. The problem is, earthworms have small stiff hairs along
both sides of the body. These stiff hairs would become very britle when cooked and lodge in the throats of the settlers as they eat, much like fiberglass. Over time the this caused an aleric reaction in the esophagus and prevented the eater from breathing. They suffocate and die.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Thats my story and I'm sticken to it!  
smile_o_32.gif

Steve

I say salmonella is a poison. I don't think bacterial action is usually considered a disease.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back