What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign this guestbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
jon (spec) happens to be one of my good friends and if my being banned will get him back in then i'll do it.

well...I cant sign without knowing *why* he was banned..
and I have no idea. maybe he deserves it!
maybe he doesnt..I dont know..
but being banned takes something big, so he obviously did *something* bad to deserve it!
IMO probably best to just let it go..

Scot

I don't see that trying to over power any decisions made by the admin and mods of this forum is a good idea. At this point I would advise to drop this topic and not participate in the petition. If Phil and other mods wanted to have a vote they would have done so. This is a example of why we cannot put up our own polls here on Terra Forums. People would use it for things like this. Have faith in the rules of this forum that they are here for our safety and to keep the place fun.
Andrew

Guys ----

Things like this aren't going to make me any more likely to let him post here.

There were some words exchanged privately that solidified my decision to not let him post here.

When I removed his posting ability --- I wasn't sure for how long I would keep it that way, but the more things like this keep happening, I'm less inclined to even consider letting him back here.

So -- Please don't fill up the boards with topics about my decision to limit his accesss for now. It's not helping his cause.

I want to say something here.  A couple of public posts lately (this being one of them) and some PM's to me personally  again have implied that Administration and Moderation are somehow intolerant of opinions that are contrary to those held by certain forum members, and that if you don't agree with Admin, or the mods, you will be punished, exiled, or otherwise called out on the carpet.  

As a former Mod on this board, and as a personal friend of the Mods (and Phillip), I can say I know how these things work.  Spec does too, since he too was a Mod.  Administration here is the most tolerant that I have ever encountered in public forum, and these sort of implications harm and hurt the Forum in their implication that members here are somehow controlled and limited by this sort of nonsense paranoia.  I will not keep quiet when these sort of implications arise, because they are untrue and unjust.

I have never known a more tolerant man than Phillip, and the gift of this forum, and the right to post here should never be taken for granted.  When you go against the wishes of the owner of this board, and insult him as in this case, you are flat out of line!  If you were invited to dinner in someones home, would you try to tell them what to do and how to act in their own home and ask the other guests to back you in that?

You do not have a god given right to be here, and this is not America where you can petition the powers that be.  Live with it!  It is a private club that charges the members nothing to join.  It is *not* a publicly owned and operated service!

I am angry at the comments directed towards Pyro recently as well, which were rude, inflammatory and downright stupid.  Were we the sort you imply us to be, your butt would be on a fast track outta here if I had my say about it!

Once again I have to remind members that the work that is done my Mods is not easy, and there is no compensation for them except your thanks.  Comments like those recently made just make us want to quit.  They are unfair comments to those who have  worked hard at allowing everyone to say what they will, within the dictates of politeness and good taste.

To imply that Mods or Admins are somehow lording it over everyone else like some kind of Gestapo is insulting, considering the time and effort that has gone into this great GIFT, at no expense to anyone except Phillip!

So, my opinion as a private member now unassociated with Admin or moderation is simply this.  If you don't like it, please take it somewhere else, but don't get in the face of the owner and the workers when they make decisions based on things you are totally unprivy to.  

If I ever encounter anyone directly implying that Mods in anyway lean on anyone, you can expect to hear it from me.  I was a MOD here for years, and I never ONCE experienced any abuse of the "power" that comes with the MOD title, and I have bever ONCE experienced what I felt was an unwarranted action by Phillip.

The fact that those making such accusations and implications are mostly children is no excuse.  These comments are offensive and harmful insults to those who bend over backward to provide you with the pleasue this forum affords.  To bite the hands that feed you is a bad life strategy in general.

To those involved in this "petition" campaign and who have insulted Pyro recently, I heartily suggest that you owe them an apology, and suggest you make it via PM at your earliest convenience.

Just my 2 cents worth.

sorry i just thought that it wasnt against any rules cause he said so i understand now
sorry again
tt
smile_o_32.gif

I too talk to Spec on AIM but wil also be the first to admit that just reading his back and forth with NepG and others was redundant and pushing his luck in each post. He was given several warning to let it be. He did not.This does not take in to consideeration what might have been said "behind the scenes".

I have seen Mods act very fairly even more than they should sometimes. I see links and what not to "other" plant Co's. and Mods just edit and ask that it not be done even though some people continue to do it. They don't jump their *** about it.......they could though, but they don't. I am less patient with telling my daughter repeatedly not to do something.

Joe

Please let spec come back. Please?

here's what happened
Spectabilis made a topic and asked who won the Name PFT's new store contest... Nep. G. Said the post was nonsence and locked it (like he has on several other topics). Spec, he got pissed, and commented on how Dustin would lock topics Spec made because it was "nonsence and a waste of space", and how someone would make a topic just like it a week later, and he wouldn't do anything about it... Anyways, Dustin and Spec had a little debate, and after they had made their peace, Phil posted and said he was banned for being 100% confrontational
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Huh?! But they were BOTH arguing!
I agree with spec on this one.
Its not fair. And, jimscott told
me how ppl like me and spec were
discriminated. My support is behind spec.
This is not fair. Not fair at all.

droseradude, I have to disagree with you. You left out ALOT of details about what happened. You've heard just what Spec is telling you. Spec knows how things work here. He's been here along time, he knows the rules here. He also know the consequences for breaking the rules. This topic is going to go down hill just like the others, so I'm going to lock it. I would suggest that no others be started. This is a matter between Spec, Phil, and Dustin. Nobody else.

Starman, there is no discrimination here, if you or anybody else has any problems with the forums at all, please pm me or another mod. I promise you that I will personally take care of any problem you have if you pm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back