What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I..............have witnessed something,

why do you hate squirrlys. I know most people who put out birdfeeders hate them, but we dont have that problem. mabie because theres no trees and dogs in the yard. Oh my dogs go nuts whenever i say "squirrle!"

We have ground squirrls in the yard but they come for the seeds in the garden, and nothing else. You dont notice them unless they dart under your feet.

A squirel viociosly attacked people when they went past its tree.
One time, it attacked a little girl, and the girls mother had to fight the squirell
off with her bare hands. When the girls grandfather heard about this, he came with a shotgun to its tree and said"How dare you do this to my grandaughter!" and shot the squirel there and then.
This didnt happen in the town where I live, it happened somewhere else.
This story was on the news.

that happened to me once, except I did't have shotgun, and it didn't hurt me.

squirells are more annoying when they chuck nuts at people from trees this hppend to me .

I meant that the squirell was on the girls face, it was biting and scrathing the little girls face.

This could be a Monte Python skit...

Run away! Run away!

Steve

I liked the killer rabit skit
smile_m_32.gif

Let's see, why do I hate squirells...

•They eat everything in our birdfeeders (the thistle seed feeder is supposed to be squirell-proof, but the squirells gnawed at it until it was no longer squirell proof.. that thing was expensive too)
•They plant unwanted oak trees all over the yard (they do NOT come back and eat those acorns, people)
•They get into my greenhouse and knock over and/or dig up ALL my CPs for no apparent reason, which forces me to put them on the back porch, where they get no sun whatsoever (a little help here, people?)
•They tease the dog all day long from outside when he's inside (he can't stay outside to chase them all the time)
•They pee on you if you walk under a tree (I've watched them do this to me... they do it on purpose)

Pah, american squirels, vicious things. American squirels(the brown/red ones)
are very vicious. And, coincidence, the squirel that attacked the girl was an american squirell. But, English squirells(the grey ones, only in england) are very frindly. But, the stupid american squirells have driven out the english squirells from their homes(their trees) and, as a result, there is less english squirells.

Darn Americans- think they own everything

smile_l_32.gif

it is not illegal to shoot magpies in the UK, provided that a) it is on your own property or with permission of the owner and b) they are causing damage to property, crops or killing other birds. they are considered a "pest" species of bird and control is allowed under a "general licence". killing them is pointless though as annual hatchings number something like 200 million, so new birds will just move in from adjacent areas.

Where do you live? Which Engalnd? The europe england, or the england in america. Here, it is illegal to shoot magpies or other birds. Considering it was somebodys elses roof where the magpie was, he has broken the law twice.

no Starman, you are wrong as always. dont talk about things you have no knowledge of. I work with countryside law in the UK and it is perfectly legal to shoot 30 odd species of bird, some as "quarry" species and some as "pests". I don't say I agree with this, but this is the legal situation.

Personally, I'd beat the snot out of that man.

Legal or not, anyone that derives pleasure from the suffering of a living thing deserves to be beat.

Yes, I realize the irony in saying that on a CP message board. ;)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (gardenofeden @ July 16 2004,5:27)]no  Starman, you are wrong as always. dont talk about things you have no knowledge of. I work with countryside law in the UK and it is perfectly legal to shoot 30 odd species of bird, some as "quarry" species and some as "pests". I don't say I agree with this, but this is the legal situation.
No, Im not. My dad has told me this. I asked him if this is legal or not, he said no, its not legal. And, this didnt happen in the countryside, it happened in an area full of houses and people.

Hi, Starman,
Yes, I'm afraid it is legal to shoot (and to trap to kill, I believe) magpies in the UK.
Going around firing off shotguns in suburban streets. though, is a very different matter, and I suspect the local constabulary may well take a very dim view of it.
Best wishes,
Tony.

its true you can shoot them but not in a street only in the woods sad but true
smile_h_32.gif

I keep seeing the man who did it.
smile_h_32.gif
Everytime I go to my lady friends house,
I see him across the street.
smile_h_32.gif
The stupid *****!!!!!
mad.gif

i wonder how you can sleep at night lol