What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Webs everywhere in terrarium!

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
i got back from a trip to out cabin over the weekend. the humidifier malfunctioned or something and the entire tank was white with water vapor. i turned the humidifier off and opened the glass top to let the vapor escape, and when i look in, disaster!!!

there is mold on most of my pings, and there are webs all over the substrate. there are also a few webs on the glass , plants, and soil that look like a spider made them, but no spiders in sight.

what happened? is this a fungus? how to i get rid of them? will they come back? and how to i save my pings from the mold!!!

Sounds like fingas gnats

that's all? oh thank god! spec said on aim it might be mites.

i saw some little red/bronze "things" that i should were mites, but they had antenna and my plant's seem unafected, so i think they were something else. they were very small.

i sprayed some shultz insectacide/mitacie/fungicide, just in case.

bump

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]that's all? oh thank god! spec said on aim it might be mites.

i saw some little red/bronze "things" that i should were mites, but they had antenna and my plant's seem unafected, so i think they were something else. they were very small
Those sound like mites, so perhaps thats the cause. Both send out threads in the soil. better safe than sorry

Flood the pots!
laugh.gif

well, see, the plants are in a terrarium litteraly they are all planted together in a substrate that IME, makes everyone happy.

i guess i'll just spray the combo poison of shults intull it runs out? i poured it in the humidifier and turned it on all the way to fog up my terr, to sort of make a "bug bomb" but i think it just clogged up my humidifier since it's not working...

Back