What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something i had to share with you guys!

Well the other day, I checked in with an old schoolmate of mine that I haven't met in like 5 years...
He is, like me, an arachnophobic (fear of spiders)

He told me that last weekend he had been at another friends house to watch a movie and drink a few beers.
He arrives at the guy's apartment and to his horror finds that the guy is very into tarantulas; about 10-12 terrariums lines the walls of the TV room.

Well at least they're caged, thinks my friend, and starts drinking his beer at a higher than normal tempo (helps fear, dunnit?
smile.gif
)
After a few hours he is rather plastered, and dont care all that much about the spiders, UNTIL: one very large, hairy spider crawls onto the top of the table, right in front of him just as he's taking a swig from his bottle.

Instinct takes over.

'WHAM' down goes the bottle, on top of the spider, needless to say, it's squashed.

He freaks out, yelling all sorts of stuff about the other guy being a nice guy for letting it out and whatnot.

The guy goes 'But... that was Ophelia...'

In the end, he finds out that the spider in question was the guys absolute favourite one, and so tame that he allows it to check out the room sometimes, letting it out.

Talk about ending on a low note
smile_k_ani_32.gif

/Quensel

Oh no!!
smile_h_32.gif
Spiders are cute.........poor spider........
confused.gif

That is really sad that the guy lost his pet, but I woulda done the exact same thing.

I had to replace a door, fix a ton of drywall and replace a room full of carpet one time. I walked into my closet to get a shirt, when I turned around to get out there was a big ole snake in front of the closet door! (My ONLY way out)
Instinct sets in, grab my shotgun from the top shelf and BLAM. no more snake.

wow
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Well... better to have loved and..........yada, yada, yada

ooh i feel so bad for him. Someone swated my tamest bird once. Its was out, and tried to land on her head, and i guess birds terrified her.

Well atlest the bird was fine.

Man i would so kick that guys *SS!!! jeez, thats too bad.

Hey! ZAK is gods garden! i never noticed that!

Back