What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grin the keeper of the inn

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
I've been playing with some green clay and come up with this pleasant looking older fellow who I've decided should be an old tavern/inn keeper, a bit of a fantasy ogre type guy since he kinda looks like Shrek (as my GF says anyway).
grin1.jpg

some detailing has been started adding wrinkles and skin imperfections.
grinupclose.jpg

profiles:
grin2.jpg

grin3.jpg

scale:
grinscale.jpg

He'll eventually be a bust (head, torso and arms) about 6-8" tall and either hoisting a tankard of ale with one with the other hand on his massive belly or maybe even washing a tankard.

Hope you like it!  
smile.gif

ha ha, Grin. He's pretty coo l
smile.gif

Is that a self sculpture?
smile_m_32.gif

It really cool looking.

Thats awesome Swords. I thought it was much bigger then a thumb at first.

Very detailed!
What did you use as eyes btw?

Very cool! He could be a pirate, too, I guess. Innkeeper is good, though.
smile.gif

that's awesome!!

am i the only one who thinks he looks like Bruce willis?

Bruce Willis? Cool! I know he's a movie guy now but the only things I remember him in was that TV show Moonlighting in the 1980s! I just put this head together without any charachter in mind-not the best way to do things. Originally it looked more like a gorilla head. I seem to have a tendancy to make simian heads (big faces and small craniums) when not referencing a picture or drawing of some sort.

Hey Scholaty I like the idea of a pirate more! Thanks for that! There's so many more interesting details I could do with a pirate costume and pose compared to an old innkeeper. I was working with that innkeeper concept last night and didn't get anywhere that was really "cool", so I'll work some sketches of a pirate and see what I come up with. I was just thinking inkeeper/bartender cos he has that somewhat sarcastic grin which I kind of like in contrast to the usual screaming beasties or emotionless robots.

He does look like Bruce Willis. lol But I like your character better--never cared for Bruce Willis.

Very nice Swords! I like it.
smile.gif

Very good is it shreks dad ??

Bye for now Julian

The wrinkles look more like scars to me. The kind a soldier gets in battles. Wouldn't be the first soldier to become an inkeeper. Lots of interesting stories possible there.

Back