What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Job in jepordy

• Thread starter ZAK
  • Start date
I found out the chemical plant were at is terminating the contract of the environmental company I'm with. Myself and Sundewguy are suppose to remain on with a new co., but nothing is ever certain. I've not heard anything about the new co. and we only have a week left.
smile_h_32.gif

I know how you feel..
I work at Kodak, and with the rise in digital and the rapid decline of film, Kodak is having layoffs about every other week..
so far I have dodged the bullet about 10 times, but there is always "next time" forever looming on the horizon..its just a way of life now.
good luck! let us know how it goes!
Scot

Thanks I will. Funny I use to be an operator at Southwest Chemicals-now "polyone", and we use to make the black plastic for film caseing and disposable cameras for kodak. We also made grey plastic pellets that they said were for the under layer of the film. I was wondering how digital cameras would affect film cos. but from what you said it sounds like polyone isn't producing much any more. It's just one big vicious cycle.

Sorry to hear tht guys, I was in that position lastyear.

On an up note I just got accepted as an HVAC apprentice with PRAWL Engineering.

Good Luck Guys
Take care
Joe

Everything happens for a reason guys.......there must be another job waiting for you that is better suited for, and that you will be happier at. Good luck
biggrin.gif

that sucks tell the bosses that youll sick your healthiest flytrap on them if you dont get your job
smile_n_32.gif

Oh, man, that rots! Few things are worse than insecurity in employement. I hope you guys get final confirmation that you'll still be employed, and fast!

Its a terrible situation to be in but one that is waaay too common these days with constant company mergers, downsizing and buy-outs. It happened to me years ago. Found myself unemployed through no fault of mine. It really sucked. Wiped out my savings trying to stay alive.

I hope you don't lose your job but keep your eye out for other positions just in case. If you see something that looks better, go for it! Don't wait for the ship to sink. There is no such thing as company loyalty to employees these days so look out for yourself first.

Good luck! I hope you don't lose your job.

I will be praying for you guys.

if worse comes to worse, hopefully you can file for unemployment benefits

I know how you feel right now. My wife will be unemployeed by he end of next month. Mergers are so great
smile_h_32.gif

I hope things work out for the best.

Well I thought I'd give ya'll an update on Sundewguy and I. Our company's contract was terminated. We were in a position of importance however and a an onsite contractor was instructed to "do whatever it takes" to get us hired on, and continue in our job without intrruption. Well we never missed a beat and actually got a nice raise out of the situation. Others were not so fortunate 4 employees have been laid off (we only had 8 to begin with) and our seceratary will be unemployed at the end of this month. Our prayers are with the folk now without jobs. Thanks for the prayers Jim,rubrarubra, and all of you.

Great to hear ZAK! That's your reward for being a valuable employee!

Capslock

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back