What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Short notice bog trip

NickHubbell

It’s a trap!
A couple of us will be visiting Triangle Lake Bog here in Ohio on Sunday. I know this is shot notice as this was last minute. I was thinking about meeting at the bog around 2:00PM, however this time may change. Further info will be posted later tonight.

Some highlights of the bog: Sarracenia purpurea, Drosera rotundifolia, blueberries, and cranberries. The cranberries were in bloom earlier this month and might still be in bloom. The blueberries are ripe or starting to ripen depending on plant location (although these maybe past at this time).

We'll be at the bog tomorrow if it stops raining. It's pouring here right now. This is the best bog that we have found in Ohio so far, it's well worth the trip.
There's also a reptile show on the way, we may stop there too.

From the map, looks like Rte. 44 comes straight down from I - 90.  Anyone have a guess about how far that is from the PA border?  We could make it to the Ohio line in about 5 hours, maybe 6.  Just a thought...

I think it's less than an hour from the border. I'd have to check on that though.

What time is the rep show?

Doug told me it ended at 4pm, but you know you can't trust him.
smile_m_32.gif

I just don't think we're going to be able to make this one, either.  How about at least a week's notice from you guys in Ohio?

This is even short notice for us. I found out this morning. What we need to do is get together and set a date that everybody can make. I can go almost any weekend. Let us know a date that will work for you.

Back