What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My wife...

• Thread starter Mannannan
  • Start date
Well, this rather flattering thing just happened, so I thought that I'd share it
smile.gif

Well, me and my wife got home from getting the keys to our new apartment, (yay, windowsill space!!
smile_n_32.gif
) and after our daughter fell asleep, we noticed that the rain was pouring down outside.
'Wow now you can get some water for all your plants', my wife goes.

Well, said and done; she just spent about 2 hours with me in the pissing rain, on the flat roof outside our balcony, collecting rain water for my plants... with 5 cc syringes!!!

She's done this once before all on her own too while I was at work...

Women are quite hard to figure out; first I thought she loathed my plant obsession, and now she goes and spend hours in the rain for them.
Brought a little tear to my eyes, not all wives/gf's would do that
smile.gif

/Quensel

I'd say she is definitely a keeper. It's obvious that although she may not have a focus on the plants, she has a focus on your happieness. Tamlin's compliments to the rain bedraggled crazy beauty who is plainly crazy for you.

Oh, BTW, you owe her.

All I can say is you better take her shoe shopping! Pronto!

Do not pass go, do not collect $200.
smile.gif

That's a great thing she did for you.

That is really sweet of her, but I think for time management's sake, you might want to invest in a tray, a fine aqaurium net, a funnel and a empty jug. The net keeps leaves and stuff from being poured into your jug. That is how I used to collect rain water.
I am scared to do it from what falls off the roof down the pipes, as I have no idea what the tar/shingles would do to the water.

Joe

Does she have a sister? J/K
biggrin.gif

Next time ya'll head out in the rain together you may want to dance with her first. I love dancing in the rain.
smile.gif

I'd do it! 'Course, I'd already be doing it for my own plants...

Awwww...that's so sweet.
smile.gif
But I think you need to invest in a couple of buckets.
biggrin.gif

wow i did that yesterday but it was for me and no one else helped, shes definately a good one

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ July 19 2004,5:36)]Awwww...that's so sweet.  
smile.gif
 But I think you need to invest in a couple of buckets.  
biggrin.gif
Ditto lol

Yep, she sounds like a good one. I think mine finally realized that there are alot worse things I could be doing than cp's. She rather have me at home with my cp's or wondering around in the woods look for cp's than in a bar. I think it's a fairly good trade off too, since I rarely drink anyway.

What a gal! Hold on tight to her...sounds like you're a great couple with many happy years to come
biggrin.gif

Back