What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Juncus effusus

NickHubbell

It’s a trap!
I picked this plant up a few weeks ago at a local nurcery. I found it similar to one of the plants that PlantAKiss posted in the NASC auction.

Anyway... it says is a bog plant and needs wet soils. I am planning to use this in a larger bog garden this year but do not have much info on the plant. I have read that is is hardy from zones 4-10 and can take partial shade. I have also read that it is a very weedy plant and even found it listed as invasive in some areas.

The pot the plant came in is full of time release fertilizer. I removed most of this since I am planning on adding it to a CP bog.

Does anyone else grow this plant and how are you growing it? Mine just sits in about 1/2 of water most of the time and seems to be doing fine with it. The soil doesn't appear to be a peat mix, more of a bark mixture.

Here is a photo:
juncus_effusus.jpg

Thanks for any info.

Back