What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watch me on tv tonight

• Thread starter jon
  • Start date
I know this is waaayyy off topic, and in a way is shameless self promotion...but I just wanted to give anyone who cared a heads up.

I'll be on the tv show Movies At Our House: Star Trek IV on July 20th at 8:00PM (check local listings to be sure of time) on AMC (American Movie Classics) . We're watching "Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home". And when it goes to comercial break me and two other Trekkies discuss with the hosts various aspects of Star Trek.

It's going to be freaking hilarious and also my true geeky side is shown in all it's...ummm..geeky glory.

He,He, gotta check it out, thanks for the heads up.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ZAK @ July 20 2004,2:07)]He,He, gotta check it out, thanks for the heads up.
Just so you guys know, I'm the young white guy with blonde hair who's going to be cracking alot of jokes.

Wow...that's cool. 15 of fame.
smile.gif
How did you get picked for that?

Don't forget about us here when you're famous!
laugh.gif

Do some stupid dance and maybe you will be the next craze! Warp Factor 3!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ July 20 2004,4:53)]Wow...that's cool.  15 of fame.  
smile.gif
   How did you get picked for that?
I'm an actor in Hollywood, this is just another gig. I get all my gigs for myself, no agent. I actually got this one through the internet (god love the net.).

As for the dance...darn it, I should have done a dance!

I just saw it. The only Blonde I saw was wearing a pink sweater. I have a feeling that is not you. Are you the one with the Hawaiian shirt?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ July 20 2004,8:55)]I just saw it. The only Blonde I saw was wearing a pink sweater. I have a feeling that is not you. Are you the one with the Hawaiian shirt?
Yes, that's me in the Hawiaan shirt. I guess you would call my hair "dirty Blonde".

Wow! I also saw you. What a great feeling to see a fellow living, talking (and barely breathing--Walter Koenig just introduced himself to you) cp enthusiast on the tube. If you mentioned the cool sideburns that would have also helped ID you
cool.gif

Yeah I was a little confused between you and the black chick with blonde hair.
smile_m_32.gif

Good job.

Are you actually a Trekkie, or is it just another job?

I said to my wife... "they can't go into warp in the atmosphere"... then you guys jumped on it!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JBL @ July 20 2004,9:35)]Wow!  I also saw you.  What a great feeling to see a fellow living, talking (and barely breathing--Walter Koenig just introduced himself to you) cp enthusiast on the tube.  If you mentioned the cool sideburns that would have also helped ID you
cool.gif
LOL!!! "THE COOL SIDEBURNS!" ROFLMAO!! Those are my "Wolverine" sideburns. ;)

"and barely breathing--Walter Koenig"
LOL!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! He was looking a bit frail, but was a totally cool dude. In between takes they would fast forward though the movie and I was doing a "fast summery" of the lines and scenes making everyone laugh, and Walter turns to me and say "Wow! Your good", because I was nailing all the lines as fast as I could, even doing impressions of the character (Including him)...I almost fell over...

guess that answers my trekkie question
smile_n_32.gif

i just saw it too, someone should start a poll "trekie or treker?"
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sundewguy @ July 20 2004,10:32)]Are you actually a Trekkie, or is it just another job?

I said to my wife... "they can't go into warp in the atmosphere"... then you guys jumped on it!!
Yes, I am an actual Trekkie. That's basically me being me...

And abiut the warp...ya, like I said...I'm a geek...and so were the others...

I saw ya, and I thought you did a great job! You seemed very relaxed.
smile.gif

Cole

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Colieo @ July 20 2004,10:57)]I saw ya, and I thought you did a great job! You seemed very relaxed.  
smile.gif

Cole
Thanks, I acually watching it right now on TV. It's always funny to see myself on TV... I've been on it (and the big screen) alot of times and I still feel gitty at the sight.

It's even wierder to see yourself projected onto a 30 foot tall screen..."I LOOK HUGE! WOW! I can see my pours...ewww..." lol

Man, my cable service rerarranged things so that we no longer get AMC and TBS. I missed it!
smile_h_32.gif
Major bummer! ST 4 - isn't that the one with the whales? Colorful metaphors? Vulcan death grip on the punk kid? That was the best one for tongue & cheek humor. "Remember where we parked."

Aren't any of the Star Trek movies still too new to be shown on AMC? Its been a while since I've watched that channel (or had access to cable TV for that matter), but I remember them showing nothing but old black and while movies from the 30's-'50's.

Oh well, if they're showing more recent movies, I'm curious as to whether or not Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure or Weekend at Bernie's have been featured yet.
smile_n_32.gif

Back