What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaving tonight

FlytrapGurl

apple rings.. what more can i say?
As you might remember, I posted a topic awhile back about us leaving for Massachusetts. Well, we've been here almost a month and tonight at around 7 or 8 we're leaving for South Carolina to stay about a week at my half aunt Pam's house (I guess her son Justin would be my.. one-quarter cousin.. *thinking cramp*). We'll get there sometime tomorrow, depending on the traffic on the Interstate. Well, I got lotsa junk in my junk bag to occupy me (many CDs, DVD/CD player, DVDs, books, variety puzzle book and 49 million other stuffs) and a whole lotta junk FOOD. Now all I need is a couple Red Bull energy drinks to keep me awake the whole time to watch my grandfather's driving. Trust me, that stuff gives you a rush. I told him to drink one while he's driving, and he absolutely will NOT get tired, but he won't listen. *scratches head* It's only the most potent energy drink that exists. Vitamin B6: 80%. Vitamin B12: 250%. I kid you not. I drank one the other day and I felt like running around in circles for a very long time. Anyhoo, I will PROBABLY be able to get on Justin's computer while I'm there, so expect me on sometime.

*wavesgoodbyefornow*

I am glad you are back and able to post again. Well, have a good trip.

K, we've been here... a while... and I only just now get to get on Justin's computer... Pam needed to re-install her Internet... it's a long story. But now she has AOL back up and I'm here. We're leaving to go home around Sunday. Dangit, let's not leave any day after Sunday... if we resort to leaving any of the next three days after Sunday, that means I miss X-Files episodes.. and don't nobody mess with me when I'm missing X-Files episodes.. verrry baaad time to mess with me...

By the way, I have a pretty good feeling I'm back on the forums permanently... I think once we get back home and get another Internet connection, I'll be able to come on all the time just like before. So y'all can stay in contact with me here...

By the way, we're back home.. got home several days ago and I just got my CPs back from Nancy next door yesterday... they're looking OK.. the adelae grew about 49x what it was before (...O_O...), the Judith Hindle has black mildew (I'm treating it), the minor no longer has scale, the rubra is about the same as before, the venosa is supurb, the VFTs sorta got dried out some time or another or something.. blackening all over.. (I flushed out the soil a couple times and cut off all the deadness and I'm giving them ample water supply now) and the darling kinda.. died. Probably got dried out because I never kept it tray-watered, so it didn't have a tray under it. Anyhoo, I gave the adelae some cheese for it's monthly boost and the sarrs a couple drops of milk for their monthly boost. I swear, dairy products really make these plants go crazy.

Cheese for the adelae? Ooo.... assuming it needs dew first right? lol. Mine is a baby munchkin from Lowes... had to do emergency repotting again today becasue I did an oopsie and put fertilized perlite in it yesterday... read the fine print of my perlite and it was laced.
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Hoping mine handle the strain of another repotting. Be sure to put them outside tomorrow though for some good ole sunshine.

Glad to hear your back from the trip. Hope you enjoyed yourself and well, the plants seem to be still kicking for the most part. Pretty good babysitter?

Welcome back.

Yeah, she's the only one I trust with them. Like I said, they DID get dried out a bit, but that's not her fault.. she doesn't have as many people living there to help with my plants when she's at work as she did the last time she kept them, so nobody's there during the day. I would've had my mom take care of them, but what with her six-days-a-week bartending job, she just barely had time to get to the house every other day to feed my leopard gecko and my fish.

We miss your asterisks - and the ever changing Ellen quotes!
smile.gif

Speaking of energy drinks, I once had half a shot of wheatgrass juice. I think it's the equivalent of 8lb of veggies or something. I DID run from the juice shop to my dorm, and back to the shop. It was about a mile. Problem is, it tastes like lawn, and is sweet. Combined, it's disgusting. My friend who had the other half of the drink mentioned it gave him a...sickness that only 8lb could cause.
smile_n_32.gif

jimscotscoot, yeah.. gotta start changing those quotes.. haven't gotten around to it lately since this pizza and rock one..

Just for jimscotscoot... *dances around like an idiot*

Thanks, I'll get it right the next time!

*stares*

Back