What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Isnt it annoying

when kids see a clown fish, a blue tang, or whateva and they start yelling "its a nemo!!" makes me get really angry.. luckily I keep my anger to myself
smile.gif

dont bug me the most entertaining thing ive seen was the look on a friend of mines 4 year old daughters face when we were out on the lake fishing. i pulled up a nice 5 or 6 pound walleye and she was sooooo disappointed that it wasnt Nemo. its expected for lil kids to do this stuff. i spent a day at the aquarium here in Minneapolis and listened to kids refer to gars and catfish as sharks. doesnt phase me.

rattler

Drosera Dude... As I told you on AIM earlier today. This is what kids do. They associate. And it is good for them! They see something and learn the "name" (correct or not) and call it that. As they get older they will get the name right.
I thought of another example since our conversation... Ever seen the cartoon Bambii? Well, Bambii is looking through the flowers and was taught they were called "flowers" then the skunk stuck it's head out of the flowers and what does Bambii call the skunk?? Yup. Flower. Calm down. It'll be okay.
smile.gif

Andrew

Yep, Adnedarn hit the nail on head the w.r.t to child development as far as I understand it. When I first started talking, everything was either a ball, dog, or Mom. As you can imagine, sometimes I wasn't exactly correct.
smile.gif

when the movie first came out there were reports of kids flushing their dad's and mom's saltwater fish down the toilet to release them into the ocean.

now that's annoying...

annoying?.......more like expensive
smile_n_32.gif

Rattler

a gar as a shark thats funny.. they should have thought its a croc if somethin

Actually, it's an alligator gar. Saltwater fish down the toilet? Oh man! Can you imagine a Pinatus Bat or a Marine Betta going down? Very expensive!

First I thought to myself that this topic would be another 'vent' topic, but then, different ppl like to vent about different things eh...
smile_m_32.gif
biggrin.gif

Whats anoying is little kids. i used to like them. No more

The parents around here are so lax. The little 4 year old girl a few houses down kicks their little dog any chance she gets. The parenst say no, but dont make a fuss about it or do anything else. She just keeps kicking the dog, and now its starting to bite her. who can blame it? her parents ofcourse.

Theres a dog next store. Its a year old, and its just in the back yard. The poeple in the house never pet it, and i have never seen them play with it or interact with it in any way. Why do they hav it then? The 3 year old boy that livs now likes to chase that dog, hitting it with a baseball bat. he likes shovling sand in its food, and tries to get the dog to eat it. parents dont care, dont care
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ July 25 2004,11:47)]Whats anoying is little kids. i used to like them. No more

The parents around here are so lax. The little 4 year old girl a few houses down kicks their little dog any chance she gets. The parenst say no, but dont make a fuss about it or do anything else. She just keeps kicking the dog, and now its starting to bite her. who can blame it? her parents ofcourse.

Theres a dog next store. Its a year old, and its just in the back yard. The poeple in the house never pet it, and i have never seen them play with it or interact with it in any way. Why do they hav it then? The 3 year old boy that livs now likes to chase that dog, hitting it with a baseball bat. he likes shovling sand in its food, and tries to get the dog to eat it.  parents dont care, dont care
mad.gif
What the point of doing those things?!
mad.gif

I dont like little kids or babies because they cry all
the time and whine, and they shout out:
"Nemo, Nemo, Nemo!" And Im like:
"Shut up, shut up, shut up!"

To those of you that "don't like kids"...
Most of you ARE kids. Be nice... don't sit here and hate on a group of people i.e. younger people. There is no reason to tell a kid or a baby to "shut up" first off... that just teaches them to say it... so then you have a 3 y/o running around saying shut up to people. So what are you doing when you say that to them? Tell them to say it. Which is what you are complaining about. So. Don't teach a kid what you don't want them to learn. Again, the whole calling a fish Nemo thing will pass... geesh.
Andrew

No, I dont really say shut up, I just think it! I really hope the nemo thing passes, its anoying.
smile_o_32.gif

this little kid was hitting the putting green that just opened with his putter one time when I went a few days ago.

i love kids but they are way too curious.. theres this equation..

Kid + my vft's = all the traps triggered
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ July 25 2004,11:09)]Kid + my vft's = all the traps triggered
confused.gif
Yup, I did the same thing when I was younger.  What did a few false closed traps equal?  Yup, a life long obsession...  :-D
Andrew

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ July 24 2004,10:43)]when the movie first came out there were reports of kids flushing their dad's and mom's saltwater fish down the toilet to release them into the ocean.

now that's annoying...
Yeah... when people have both kids and fish... those fish are living on borrowed time from then on.

Being around kids in pet stores is a wretched experience. I was at one once holding a kitten, and a kid came up and snatched it right out of my hands and did some pretty nasty things to it before I snatched it back. The mother didn't care, of course.

I steer clear of kids as often as humanly possible. They're free to do all that essential 'growing up' stuff... but I personally don't want any part of it.

Vasectomy here I come.

You know what's really annoying? In Star Wars Galaxies, there's no way to earn decent money to afford the armor you need to continue progressing, unless you do weenie money missions all day, in which case you probably still won't be able to afford it anyways. And dying after you've blown your hard earned cash on buffs that you lose when killed just makes the problem worse!
mad.gif

Sorry....video game nerd vent.

Back