What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cp resources/nurseries in nyc?

• Thread starter eBeyonder
  • Start date
I'll be in New York City as an exchange student for the next 9 mths and I'm wondering if anyone can let me know the location of CP resources of nurseries there? I'm from Singapore and would dearly like to see some CPs not available in the tropical climate here. Thanks!

Noooo... You're going away?
smile_h_32.gif

what school? Does US allow plant imports?

i dont know any cp places there but i would go to california carnivores!

Hey Ebeyonder,
Check out the New York Botanical Garden. Their CP collection isn't the greatest, though it's respectable, however the Garden in general is fantastic. Also, if you're going to be here for nine months, you will be here for the Oct. NECPS show! Bear that in mind, it's a really good time.

Message me when you get there, too. I'm on the train line out oc the city (last stop!), so, when you're sick to death of caffeteria food, you can come on up for a good, home cooked meal!

Is the NECPS a CP display show? If so, that'd be great!

Sneak back some plants for us, will ya?
smile_m_32.gif
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Is the NECPS a CP display show? If so, that'd be great!

Hey Ebeyonder, yes it is. Last year we had over 600 plants on display! There were representatives from every genus, even a roridula (sp?), a heliamphora IN FLOWER, and genlesia! Nice.
smile.gif

I wanna go!!!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I wanna go!!!

Suzanne, you know you're always welcome in our house! You just gotta drive that ol' clunker for 6 hours or so...
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ July 26 2004,4:19)]You just gotta drive that ol' clunker for 6 hours or so...  
smile_n_32.gif
I don't know how she manages to keep that ol' Pinto going. I thought the last one died about 10 years ago.

It's about 7-8 hours to NYC from Central VA. I wanna go too.
smile_h_32.gif

Oh right, I'll be lookign forward to the show then!

Ebeyonder,
here is a link to the NECPS web page:
necps

It hasn't been updated yet with this year's show info, but it will most likely be in October again.

Don't forget to get pizza, cheesecake, and Chinese food!!!!!! It's the best!

Back