What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those who don't visit the Trade Forum...

Finally! I just found out what has been going on, because I rarely, if ever, visit the trade forum. I kept reading things in other forums alluding to Noah's being ill, but I hadn't found anything about it until now. I will be praying for him. I do hope he gets better soon.

I guess Pikmin might be a better option right now then. I guess I didn't think too much about it, as it is a good game.

A PayPal account might be nice.  Then if anyone wants to contribute, they can and Noah would have a little "entertainment fund" for things he needs.  Can the foreign CPers use PayPal as well (money conversion)?

There are a lot of us (including CPUK) so even small donations can add up. I know there are a lot of people (kids AND adults) who don't have much money but even a couple of bucks from a lot of people can make a little pile.
smile.gif

I think its a cool idea. Anybody else like the idea?

Yes the UK can use paypal. Paypal just retains some of the money for themselves as a fee. If an account is set up to accept credit cards all the incoming moneys are assessed a fee as well. (I think it is 30 cents plus 2.5% and for the UK an additional 1%)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ July 27 2004,10:14)]You mean an electronic type of card?
Yes maybe electronic, or possibly literally. Electronic would be better I suppose, then ppl who want to contribute can themselves.

The paypal idea is good, whoever has an account can use it. I'm thinking of getting one myself, what with all the auctions, this, and the millions and trillions of stuff I want to get online...
smile_m_32.gif

okay there is a paypal acct set up. listacct@hotmail.com it is set up to accept credit cards so that means there is a small fee ascessed for each transaction (even non credit card ones, *grief* paypal is certainly owned by e-bay)

Cool...thank you Pond Boy's mom.
smile.gif

OK folks...anyone wishing to make a contribution to help pay for a few "extras" for Pond Boy please do. I know he'd appreciate it. Its SOOO boring in a hospital. A few dollars from a lot people adds up so you don't have to donate a fortune or anything.

Now I gotta figure out how to use Paypal...
smile_h_32.gif

How on earth can I give money?
confused.gif

Dino,
Don't. It is simply set up for the ease of those who have expressed a desire, and have the means. It is neither expected nor encouraged. Truly your well wishes are sufficient and appreciated.

I want to give money, but how?
confused.gif

I dont live in the U.S.A...................

Paypal allows you to withdraw for one account into another. Personally I have never never used it b4, and I doubt your parents will allow you too, Dino. Risky business.
smile_m_32.gif

heres a thought, (sorry if this has already been mentioned, I havent read every post)
but could Noah actually have a few CPs in his hospital room?
if there is a window in his room, all he would need is a jug of distilled,
someone could simply fill the tray for him when the water level gets low..
very easy and would take all of 5 seconds a week..
the hospital staff might be wary of "dirt"..but a potted plant cant be any worse that cut flowers!
and peat is probably "cleaner" than potting soil anyway!
and even regular houseplants are common in hospitals..
if he had a plant straight from a store, it wouldnt even have any dead bugs in it at all, and would be unlikely to catch any indoors anyway..
its just a thought...he might like to have a plant or two in the hospital!
I would be willing to send one if its allowed..
maybe just one small VFT..
Scot

Scot,
that is an excellent thought. I had asked him if he wanted me to bring one of his nepenthis(sp) but he thought the hospital air was too dry for them. I don't know c.p's are VFT's less sensitive? if the air is fine it would be a good idea provided 30 people did not all send plants...*heh* the room is very small.

oh, Dino.
paypal makes international trade possible by doing the exchange rate and all - however, you must be an adult to have an account. I have been using paypal myself (a different account) for few years and have had no problems. Mostly I just use it to transfer money from our credit union in NY to our local banking institution. No fee and safer than mailing money. However, I have heard tale of others having problems with paypal. Mostly, I think, with spoof mails that appear to be from paypal, then people respond to the spoofs and give out their personal information and there is identity theft and all.
Dino, you have a good heart - an extra prayer is worth more than all the dollars.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pond boy @ Aug. 03 2004,5:58)]Scot,
that is an excellent thought.  I had asked him if he wanted me to bring one of his nepenthis(sp) but he thought the hospital air was too dry for them. I don't know c.p's  are VFT's less sensitive?   if the air is fine it would be a good idea provided 30 people did not all send plants...*heh* the room is very small.
Great!!
I will send a plant then..
I was just out on my balcony looking at my plants,
and I think a small Sarracenia Purpurea would be good..
because I can pack it easily to minimize pitcher damage during shipping, and its in a small pot..
all it will need is a bright window..humidity shouldnt be a major problem..it will be much less picky about its conditions than a Nepenthes would..
all it will need is for its tray to be kept filled with distilled water! (I bet you can even get distilled easily in the hospital! ;)
so care will be very easy!
smile.gif

I will let you know when its ready to ship..im going to let the pot dry out for a few days so its not too wet..
Scot

Oh my God... I was wondering why he hadn't been around in a while...

Noah's mother.. if you're reading this.. could you tell him I say hi and that I'm praying for him?

I sure will, flytrapgirl, and thank you for your concern. Yay Scot, sounds great. Oh btw this is Dew (pboy's mom) I went ahead and registered so that when he hopefully gets a computer up in the hospital room it won't be so confusing as to who is posting.

No "Dew" name??

Yay!!! Noahs mom is a member!!!!!!
smile.gif
laugh.gif

I think you should register under "Dew" though.
Dino
cool.gif

Isn't this the latin for Cape Sun Dew?

Back