What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those who don't visit the Trade Forum...

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hi everybody

Although probably most people here know this, some of you who do not go to the Trade Forum regularly or maybe never, might not know.  So I thought I'd let folks know what is going on with Pond Boy (Noah).

Noah started losing a lot of weight several months ago...he was unable to keep food down.  He was put into the hospital several weeks ago so they could find the problem and try to get his weight back up.  Since that time, Noah has been battling a lot of problems.  They found an artery strangling his intestines, he's had an infection in his feedling line and in his lungs; he's had high fevers and night sweats.  He is gravely ill.

His mom has been dropping in to the post on the Trade Forum to periodically update us to his condition.  It is not improving but getting worse.

I hope you all will keep Noah in your thoughts and prayers and send every scrap of good, positive power you can muster his way.  He has been getting well wishes and entertainment items from some people which I'm sure he appreciates.  The CPers at CPUK are following his condition as well.

This is where the CP community shines...we are all one in heart.  Noah is one of our own.  If you want to send Noah a card or something to keep him entertained or brighten his spirit, his address at the hospital is below.  Also I'm including the link to the Trade forum thread where his Mom posts the updates for you all to follow.

Please let him know he is missed and we want him well again.  Lets see if all our collected, positive energy can get Noah back to his family and to the forums where his friends are.  
smile.gif

http://www.petflytrap.com/cgi-bin....89;st=0

Noah G.
6E 42
c/o Pediatrics
University of Missouri HealthCare
One Hospital Drive
Columbia MO 65212

Suzanne/PAK

does he have a growlist? maybe i can send some plants that he doesn't have yet?

i'm going to send him a card
smile.gif

I think for right now, a card would be best. He can't attend his plants and I'm sure he is worried about them. He may need, later on, to get some replacements if any died while he was away. But you know how nice it is to get mail when you're bored to death.
smile.gif

I made him a card at work with CPs on the front.
smile.gif

His mother advises that some friends of the family bought him a game cube, but he needs games.

i have games that i never play.

i'll send him pikmin, luigi's manson, and waverace.

tell his mom that i'll send them out , so not to buy those for him in the meantime. i'll send them next time i go to the post office. i'll send them out when i get confirmation that he doesn't already have those and his mom won't buy them for him since i'm giving them to him.

lol, he probably doesn't even know me but it feels good to be nice

My thoughts are with him. Good luck Pondboy and get well NOW! (not soon, but now!)

I myself have been in and out of hospitals alot and know how that goes.

speechless-smiley-017.gif

So sad. Um Do we know what the cause of these problems is?

Perhaps he will get better soon
speechless-smiley-026.gif

my toughts are with him

They believe it is all somehow related to the snake bite he got last year (copperhead).
smile_h_32.gif

really? how would a snakebite affect him a year from when it happened?

I don't know but I would guess residual toxins left in the body from the venom. I'm sure the doctors are trying to figure the cause of all this and how they can fix it.

could also be sepsis (bacterial infection), which would cause major problems. Since hospitals use so many antibiotics, the surviving bacteria are QUITE strong and med resistant.

I'll have to send him a card soon. I wish I could send him a gamecube game. I'll see if I can find a copy of eternal darkness. It's scary, so I hope I don't accidentally give him a heart attack or something
smile_n_32.gif

I thought when I saw that he was 'snakebitten' it would be a rare experience, but now, man...

Cynic81, you sending hima game called eternal darkness? What the...
confused.gif

Jason

Hey PAK maybe you could set up a card for whoever on this forum wants to 'sign' it then send it to him? I'm sure it would be a pleasant surprise which he could sure use at this time...

You mean an electronic type of card?

Um, I can buy Noah a game for the Gamecube.
smile.gif

Which games does he have, I dont want to send him doubles.............
Dino
cool.gif

Um, about the sign up card, how are we going to do it?
It will take weeks to complete, e.g, I want to sign it, but I live in Europe..................
confused.gif

It would all be electronic signatures...like...you write what you want to say and its cut and pasted into an email...or something like that.

I will have to get my stepdad to help me with that.
smile.gif

Hi all (pb's mom here) I just stumbled on this thread as I was going to post a question regarding his plants. ACK! I dont know a thing about them. Anyhow regarding it being from the snake a year later. The symptoms he is enduring right now did not just pop up a year after the bite, he has been sick since the bite it was barely noticeable at first and then slowly progressed until the end of January when it began worsening at a very quick pace. Noah had gone from a weight lifting body of 145 pounds down to an emaciated 103 pounds that could barely hold himself up. While I dearly appreciate the thought, "eternal darkness" would not be a very good choice for Noah but most especially right now. Noah has a sledboard game and a starwars game. He would probably like sports type games such as basketball or golf. But goodness most of the games are so expensive. perhaps those who were wanting to send could pool together maybe into a paypal acct. Or if it is easier I could set up a paypal acct for him and whoever wanted could send a small donation towards the purchase and his father could buy it local and we could make up a card with all your names on it. Whatever way you all deem best. The used games is a nice idea too if you are not using them anymore. I am not familiar with gaming enough to know what those ones are. But must say that Noah is devout in his religion and wouldn't get enjoyment out of certain types of games.
At any rate we sure do appreciate the warmth all you cp'ers have demonstrated towards him. He really is a great kid. Then again, look at you guys!

Ebay is a wonderful place to by them. Justapill is sending some, as well as I. E and T ratings are usually pretty good.

Back