What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New way to water propagate plants

The willow trick is an old method... long before hormones were isolated.  You need a willow stick from an actively growing tree.  The stick produces auxin which is released into the water from the cut end.

On the sugar deal.. I would be REAL careful.  Sugar is food for many many organisms.  Watering your plants with sugar water is likely to do promote alot of bacteria and fungus growth in the potting mix.  If that doesn't cause an outright problem with pathogens attacking the plant as well then it will potentially cause a problem with breaking down the potting mix at a rapid rate.  Which could cause problems with the plant in another fashion.

I agree. Its more likely to do more harm then good in the long run. Plus itll atract wasps

hey ive done everything u guys advise, and my cuttins are developing this fungus type thing covering the trap, its slimy and white, its like a bunch of white fibers, i assume its fungus, or isnt it? tell me how it can b resolved and my cuttins are still a lil green and brown, it turned erd, i think its becuz i left it in the sun, but yea help me out,

thnx
-huy

[b said:
Quote[/b] (AzNsUShi41 @ Oct. 10 2004,1:37)]hey ive done everything u guys advise, and my cuttins are developing this fungus type thing covering the trap, its slimy and white, its like a bunch of white fibers, i assume its fungus, or isnt it? tell me how it can b resolved and my cuttins are still a lil green and brown, it turned erd, i think its becuz i left it in the sun, but yea help me out,

thnx
-huy
Could be you added too much sugar and the water is evaporating on the leaves, leaving slimy wet sugar, which will grow mold soon

I also tried to do it but I had too much sugar and the water diffused out of the plant and into the solution... good thing it was just adelae and primuliflora cuttings (and other non-cp stuff)
but no one will tell me the ratio....
oh, and if it's white fillaments, it's probably fungus.

how much is the water:sugar ratio? i use like 20oz and put 2-3spoonfull of sugar, and how can i solve the fungus mold?

all ill say is that sounds like waaaaaaaay too much sugar

molds are fungi... not the other way around.

Back