What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Viruses and spammers exploit serch engines

Finch

Whats it to ya?
I have found a interesting article on msnbc that i think you all would find very interesting. I guess virus writers and spammers have found a new way to spread even faster than they already can, thanks to the exploitation of most powerfull serch engines on the web- google in particular. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5518331/

This is a very fast way to get thousands of valid email adresses.

smile_o_32.gif

cuse them

Its a never ending cycle unfortunately. The addition of spyware and adware to worry about, along with old stuff like viruses and trojans, just make it that much more frustrating. To be honest, adware and spyware are the two biggest problems regarding internet connected computers, as its considerably easier to get those than viruses nowadays. Hell, I just spent 4 hours going through tens of thousands of files just to find a few small offenders that were slowing everything I was doing down, and popping up crap every two clicks of my mouse. :\

Back