What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think we need a forum for

Hi everyone,

Just thought that if the moderators could open up a forum for Pest, Diseases and Treatments of Carnivorous plants, especially listing each with a photo of what it looks like, a description and possible ways of treating it as it might assist ALOT of people in saving their precious plants. And also not what to do to these plants. Let me know what you think.

For example, to cut a long story short, I had a nepenthes plant that I thought had black spot....hence, from what people have told me they are not susceptible to this and later I discovered they were actually nectar glands. Prior to finding this out I gave the plant a good dose of mancozeb....and it wouldn't go away and the plant stopped growing for about a month then recovered. Thought i lost it.

Thanks
Christian

Yeah but, if your plant is ill, e.g your nepenthes, you could just post its picture in the nep forum and ask how it can be treated.

Back