What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A must read.......

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
here is a link to a hunting and gun forum i frequent. this is for anyone who thinks the confenscating of your firearms in the US of A is impossible. please read through the whole thing. the first post is a lil alarmist but the rest of it is more on an even keel. im really interested in Coppers take on this, being that she is an officer. peronally i think it is a very poor reactionby the police officers there and i think its an alarmists reaction. what happened there is terrible but i think what the cops did is about as bad.

Rattler

link to forum

I think it was wrong to do. If that ever happened here, they'd have to break the door down to get at my fathers and mine gun collection, just think too, some of those guns are collectable! I wouldn't want someone handling them!

Very scary with points well made. A friend of mine had his pregnant dog shot to death when police went through 2 closed gates and into his yard withiout permission, using "persuit" as an excuse. When he strenuously objected to the violation he had a gun shoved in his guts that left a bruise for a month, and was told to "Back off". Nothing like being served and protected! So what recourse is there for these poor violated folk? Get an lawyer, and hope they can afford to hang in long enough to win the case? How does anyone stand up to abuses like this in the face of such unwarranted assault...where do they turn for protection when the government itself is at fault and those that are sworn to protect, perjur themselves? I found the photos of the school drug raid particularly offensive and upsetting. Were my child forced at gunpoint to the floor, it would be the very last time he ever entered that school, Law or no! These outrageous stories are oft told tales, and confirm my innate distrust of most Cops (sorry, Rose). For me, Cops will always be a threat: not the good guys. I try to keep in mind that there are many good cops and the good deeds are not shouted from the rooftops, but in my heart, I have nothing but fear and distrust based on stories like this and the one I mentioned above. In my short 53 years I have watched the erosion of my Bill of Rights to a degree I (and my Father) would never have thought possible. We are becoming a nation of drugged hypnotized sheep which are spoonfed reality by the press and political propagandists.

i had Darla read that thread. her reaction was "holy (explitive), those cops screwed up. those people are going to own the police force." i only wish she was right. i highly doubt she will be. had our house been one searched in an incident like this i do believe my lil gal would be standing inside the door loaded gun in hand untill they showed her a warrent reguardless if it was one of the officers shes known for years. had they forced their way in without one she WOULD own the police force. she has gone toe to toe with the local hospital do to freedom of the press violations and won. i doubt any local cop would enter our house without being 100% sure something was wrong and they would be darn sure everything was by the book. im more worried about the non-local police or government ppl showing up.

Rattler

If they ever try to take my guns away, I'd voluntarily give them up.... bullets first.
biggrin.gif

that only works if they show up to take them when your home. i do feel the same way. better to die free than live caged.

Rattler

it is a bit scary if that's how it actually went down, but i've learned not to believe 100% everything you read in the media. they have agendas too.

Most cops are good, it is unfortunate that this happend. I would most likely tell them to get a warrant before coming in my home. I would be pissed if they came in and took my guns. Most likely I would end up not doing to much just the pure fact it is not worth it. Although if the ppl in the city wanted to go in on getting those cops fired, I would be game.

Ya know, in alot of cities this kinda stuff just wouldn't fly. Not just us but many people would flat out say get a warrant or get out and feircely defend their home from intrusion NO matter who the intruder is. I have same feelings as Tamlin, I have personally seen much coruption by the police forces and do not trust them. I trust street folk more than the cops, I at least know I can kick someones *** if they're being dumb with me but when a cop does its a little bit more difficult.
Those stories are a shame but happen more than that. I guess cops fall victim to human errors too, they just have an abilityto carry out much more.

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Travis @ July 28 2004,9:52)]Most cops are good, it is unfortunate that this happend. I would most likely tell them to get a warrent before coming in my home. I would be pissed if they came in and took my guns. Most likely I would end up not doing to much just the pure fact it is not worth it. Although if the ppl in the city wanted to go in on getting those cops fired, I would be game.
I am speechless by that comment.

Your telling me that if a cop forced his way into your home with out a warrant you wouldn't do anything about it? The moment a cop FORCES his way into your home sans a legal warrant, in my eyes he is no longer a cop. He is nothing more than an armed THUG.

I am not trying to harp on you or anything, but its scary how many people think like you do. We can not be complacent when our civil liberties are violated, and in some cases trampled on.

We, as citizens of this great country, need to stand up and declare in one solid voice that
WE WILL NOT GIVE UP OUR RIGHTS.
WE WILL NOT BE INTEMIDATED BY GESTAPO TYPE POLICE, OR FEDERAL AGENT TACTICS.

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
- Benjamin Franklin September 11, 1773

I am sure I would pursue it but I would not go firing off my guns. First off you do not want to commit any crime yourself *he/she is an officier*. I would tell him to get a warrant before coming in. If he/she came in without a warrant would most likely try to get his/her *** fired without having to go through legal matters *if need be yes*. I just can not believe everything the press prints out so it would be hard for me to make a judgement like that. Saying and doing are two different things...

actually if they enter your house with out a warrent in the eyes of the legal system they are no longer a police officer. its called tresspassing. in a situation like this i would prolly shoot the guy. on the same token should one of the local cops come up to me and ask nicely that they wanted to see my house cause someone has reported me growing some illegal plants do to them seeing the lights in my house go off at the same time every night. i prolly would give them the guided tour while they were off duty. all my plants are right in by my front door and thats about as far as they would get in my house. well not every local cop could do this. there are a couple i wouldnt let in my house search warrent or not unless they have some one i know with them. there are a few on the force here that are about worthless and about as untrust worthy as some of the ppl they arrest.

Rattler

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If they ever try to take my guns away, I'd voluntarily give them up.... bullets first.

are you speaking of any cop, warrents or not?I dont know about Copper, but if I was a cop, i would be greatly offended.

Yes unfortuantly we are almost always veiwed as the bad guys rather than the people that do things every day that no one else would to to improve the quality of life for a few.

-I May not be able to change the world, but I can change the world for an individual.

I am about as hot headed as they come but I occasionally do use a little common sense.
If you shoot a law enforcement officer...especially a SWAT team member...YOU WILL DIE.   
Better to play along, be nice, get a receipt for the weapons, call the state attorneys office the next morning and if things went down the way it was presented...you will be rich...and the offending officers will not have a job.

hear hear. If anyone wants to try it then they're welcome to. And meanwhile while you don't have a gun after the officers have taken them away call them whatever you like...

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
You people make me so angry. If you lived somewhere else, like in russia, the police need no probable cause to serch, and carrying any wepon brings a very long jail sentence. Just because the officer doesnt do what you think they should doent mean anything. Its their job to take out scum, and the scum doesnt want them do their job either.
angry-smiley-005.gif

Suing a officer for doing their job wont go over well in ANY court system, because they were following the law. All you will have is a bill from you lawer. Humm mayby someone should sue you for doing your job, then you wont have one andn the someone will have losts of cash. Would that be fair? NO!

angry-smiley-053.gif

Back