What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cp nursery?

I am looking for a place to find perhaps a nursery or somewhere that offers CP. Not to take away from the site, but sometimes I am very impatient and want to get the products I want/need immediately.

I am in Illinois, just east of St Louis, Missouri. Looking for some place to get like long fibered sphagnum or some plants to get my started. Just curious if anyone has an idea or knows of a place around here.

Been to home depot and frank's nursery. I was disgusted to see their quality of CPs. They were all dead pretty much. Some i didnt even see a plant because it was in such sad shape. Kind of disheartening really.

While I have never been there, I know that the MO Botanical Gardens have a CP section which is near St. Louis. I am not sure if they offer CP for sale or not.

through the internet is prolly where you will find the best quality CPs unless your REALLY lucky and live close to one of the growers. the trade forum is a good place to find stuff. even if you have nothing to trade there are somethings just for shipping. as far as LFS and such its kind of hit or miss. i live in NE Montana and didnt find any good quality LFS until i went to Minneapolis. check out places that grow and sell orchids. they sometimes have Nepenthes and Pings as companion plants to orchids.

Rattler

I know there is an St. Louis CP Society which holds an CP show and sale every June. I went once and they had great plants.

Oh cool! I didn't even know they had CP Society.. interesting. How unfortante that I missed the boat this year. Know how I can find out more about it Doc? Would love to attend next year and perhaps further my own collection as well.

I know. The st. LOuis botanical gardens has a display. I used to live in STL, and there aren't any specialty nurseries. Lowes always has some good plants, and when I go to visit my grandmother in Champaign IL every summer, they always have some new species that I stock up on
biggrin.gif
. Lowes sells sphagnum too. Also try calling the nurseries in your local phone book.

Yeah I think I`m probably going to join the st.louis botanical gardens cps next year I know they have meetings every other month.

Back