What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The new york botanical gardens

A short while back (july 20), i visited the new york and while there, visited the botanical gardens. here are a few photos to share with you. you may find the cps in another post im gonna make.

in these cactus photos, if you want to know the species of any of the cacti, just pm me and i will try to tell you. i can only do this if its corrasponding sign is visiable, and so i can then get out my high def originals on my comp and tell you the species. also, i cant do this on some pics as they got blurred or if the plant is all the way at the back of the pic.

i have no idea what type of camera im using cause its a borrowed one. anywho, enjoy...

to start you off, this is not a cactus but i just added it in cause i just wanted to show it. this a flower of a bamboo, and i was surprised to find that bamboos had such amazing flowers.
bamboo.jpg

a bunch of cacti. cant tell you any of the species in this pic as it kinda got blurred.
cactus1.jpg

unless the plants are pretty far in the back, i can tell you the species if you ask.
cactus2.jpg

the real big one in the middle is absolutely huge! what a eyecatcher. again, the identification of the plants are available to those who ask.
cactus3.jpg

a bunch of those living stones.
cactus4.jpg

some more desert plants, here showing some freakily dark flowers.
cactus5.jpg

hoped you liked them. Zongyi

those pics were fabulous! i think desert plants are just as cool as cp's.

by the way, in the last pic those dark purple/black "flowers" aren't flowers, they are plants.

lol, and i thought they were flowers
smile_n_32.gif
. ive posted the cp pics in the general cp discussion area. Zongyi

Edit:eek:ops, there is no General cp discussion here, lol. i was thinking of cpuk. so i just posted again in General Discussions

Back