What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

# net worth of your whole cp collection #

try guess the net worth of your collection!

########
my 1 year collection is worth maybe 120 USD
########

what about yours?

EDIT: plus would you sell your collection for that much?
smile.gif
smile.gif

I can only give you in £.
I have more than 40 plants, plus some rare ones, I would say about £150.
Dino

Probably a measly $150. Half of that is one plant.
smile.gif

My Nepenthes alone are about $2,500 USD No idea on the other Genus in the ghouse.

Net worth of my cp collection?

Priceless.

Exactly as Casper says. cps are your friends/pets. I wouldn't trade them for anything.

But if I have to say in marketing terms, then I suppose $100-$150 USD. But then even market values can differenciate. Ps. (This is a bit on the cheap side.)
smile_m_32.gif

However, I still stick firmly to my policy...
smile.gif

-Jason-

Net worth for my whole collection looks at $2000-$3000. Also, I have several plants that were only imported in select numbers(jacquelineae, aristo x thorelli).

Of course for me to sell would demand about twice the price minimum.
smile_m_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

I don't really know... maybe 300+?... I would never sell them, maybe in exchange for other plants though...

min about 400 canadian. but i would never sell all my plants because ive put up soo much work in careing for them, and also all the equip would go to waste. dont forget all the work in watering, repotting, careing and talking to (jks) that was put into the plants. idividuals id maybe sell, but only if i have extras
laugh.gif
. this does not apply when they give me a whole lot of money, so that i can probably buy it back from elsewhere, lol. Zongyi

My guess is somewhere around $1000. I would never sell it, unless some extreme circumstance forced me to.

Alright, if you were stuck on an island, would you eat your arms and legs first or the plants first?
smile_m_32.gif
J/K

In this order: legs, plants, arms

Fore I must have arms to take care of the plants, but once the plants are gone my arms will be usless (especially if I don't have a guitar with me)
laugh.gif

Oh and I guess my net would be somewhere in the $300 range.

hmmmmm....22 plug sized Utrics which are usually $7 a piece, a couple that fill up a 4 inch pot, not sure on value. prolly $150-200 in Neps, prolly 2 dozen or more 4 inch pots of various Drosera. a couple smallish Sarrs, 4 or 5 pings in 4 inch pots. a VFT in a 4 inch pot. i go from fairly rare to extreamly common. im probably forgeting some. my grow list is fairly up to date but it is missing a couple. i would say i prolly have $700 worth of CPs at "market value" but thanks to ppl like Tamlin and others on this forum, "market value" is a real relitive term and ppl are able to get fairly rare stuff for the cost of a stamp. prolly have paid less than 1/5 that for them thanks to the trading forums. the Neps have cost the most out of pocket. the Drosera and Utrics have basically cost just postage. would i sell? nope.......might trade some species away entirly but i generally wont sell. note i have actually spent close to $400 out of pocket on various orchids though.

Rattler

I'm not exactly sure how much my collection is worth. I bought many of my plants when they were small, and now many of those are full size, and therefore worth more(market value) than I paid for them. I suppose it would be a couple hundred dollars, because I don't have anything that's super rare or limited import or anything like that.

could i put a price tag on most of my plants? NO!!! they are all priceless treasures to me.

besides, i trade so much and buy so little that you could point to almost any plant i own and i couldn't tell you what its worth
confused.gif

I am not sure - I stink at selling stuff. Most of the time I just give it away for free instead of selling. My collection is small and worth about 50 bucks
confused.gif
but I would just donate them to here.

I would guess I am pushing the $2000 dollar area given some of the rarer material I have.

I don't think I would ever sell them though.

1 billion dollars!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
 *dum dum duuuuum!*
smile_n_32.gif

But seriously now. a whopping $100 (canadian)

are you a canadian diablothadragon? hopeing you are as we need more cpers in canada
biggrin.gif
. Zongyi

Back