What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great.

FlytrapGurl

apple rings.. what more can i say?
Well, my grandfather threw another temper tantrum and banned me from the computer for a week. So I guess I'll see y'all Friday.. unless he hits a very rare good mood and changes his mind.

Well, at least I get to go for my weekly riding lesson tomorrow. Of course, he really has no control over that. My grandmother takes me there.

Until Friday,
FTG

Doh! FTG got in trouble!!! LOL! See you in a week!

Capslock

It wasn't me. He just threw his daily hissy fit and got mad at the whole world.

how old are you? not gonna let your grandpa boss you around if your an adult i hope.

If it's his computer she is!

Capslock

Those Crazy Grandpas......
biggrin.gif

I thought Grandpa's are suppose to be nice? Eeegades, maybe we all chip and buy a computer for FTG?
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ Aug. 06 2004,3:22)]It wasn't me. He just threw his daily hissy fit and got mad at the whole world.
Heh, that's what my sister says when she wonders why she gets punished for swearing and throwing things.
smile_n_32.gif

LOL!!! I swear on the computer alot (not here, of course.. that's impossible ^_^) and to myself in private, but not in public.. although I almost slipped a word a few times.. I slipped a "freakin'" two days ago.. but my grandparents didn't seem to mind.. it's not really a swear word, but I'd never slipped it before, so I didn't know what they'd do. But there was no reaction. I might experiment with "crap" sometime.

But seriously.. I know nothing. I saw nothing. Translation: I did nothing.

JLAP, I'm a teenager.. and my life story is this, summarized: my mom had me at 21, unmarried, and my dad left when I was six months old. Then my mom and me moved in with my grandparents until I was 4 or so, and then my mom moved out and I stayed with my grandparents, since Mom can't really support herself very well, not even now.. so I've lived with my grandparent pretty much all but the first six months of my life, which I don't remember anyways.

Capslock, it's kinda.. *our* computer. Me and him use it, but I use it so much more than him it's not even funny, and I'm now a computer whiz, while he's still typing at 1 letter per every ten seconds. After the whole six years we've had this computer. And now I type uber-fast, even faster that my grandmother, who worked on a computer at Kennedy Space Center for 30 some odd years, ordering parts for the crawler (the big ol' flat doohinkey that rolls the shuttle out to the pad at a mind-blowing 1 mile an hour), so really, I amaze myself. She types "correctly", as in, with all fingers and both hands right where they should be, touch-typing. I guess I finger type.. I use MOST of my fingers, and my hands are moving around all the time, especially my left hand, which moves back and forth, over about 90% of the keyboard, and then my right hand uses the other 10%. It's just how I type.. I wouldn't be able to do nearly as well doing it "correctly". I'm happy with the way I do it now, and I feel no need to do it "correctly".

Travis, yeah, they're nice when you don't live with them ^_^ My own computer would be awesome.. of course, I have no more room or outlet space in my bedroom for it *sigh* My room is retarded. The whole far end is taken up *mostly* by a big, uber-huge headboard from my grandmother's old bed, acting as a 1-foot back-to-front, 8-foot-long and 4-foot-high, shelved table. I have my 2-gallon betta tank on that, along with my 29-gallon leopard gecko cage with my leo Autumn in it (29 gallons is the recommended minimum size for an adult) and a whole lotta other crap.. there's a large window above this. To the left of that is by bed, the highest bed in the house, and with room for two, so I get lotsa space at night (it used to be my grandfather's before me moved into the guest room), and above the left of my bed is a seven-foot shelf with my fairly-expensive Breyer horse figures collection. To the right of the headboard-thing is a tall green plastic shelf with my CD and DVD collection on top and some other crap, and in the corner there, a rocking chair and a three-head, tall lamp behind it. On the adjacent wall on the right is a smallish computer-desk type thing with my radio and my books and a whole lotta other crap on it and a smaller window above it. To the right of that is a small bedstand with two junk drawers with stuff I need to burn in them, and some stuff on top. Then on the adjacent wall to the right is my closet, and to the right of that is my 29-gallon fishtank on a metal stand that used to belong to my mom (below that on the bottom part of the stand on a slab of wood is my 10-gallon cricket cage, where I keep live crickets and feed them to feed to my gecko), and to the right of that is a big tall clothes beureau with my TV and VCR (the VCR is useless.. if you actually hook it up to the TV, you get horrible reception.. the only way to play something in the VCR and actually SEE it would be to hook up my portable DVD player to the VCR with certain cables and then play the tape in the VCR, watching it on the DVD screen) and my lamp and some more crap. Then to the right of that is my door, which has alot of crap on it. And my floor is fake tile with a rug directly to the right of my bed. And there's a table in the middle of the floor. And another hanging light directly over that table, but I rarely use it, because, if it was used in conjunction with the lamp on top of my clothes beureau, it would be blinding in there. And I don't like my room bright. I like the lights off all the time and my TV on when I'm hanging out in there all day and at night until I go to sleep. Darkness calms me. Anyhoo, there's your complete tour of my room. As for the rest of the house, I'll just note the outstanding number of TVs. A TV everywhere but the garage, the office (which used to be my grandfather's bedroom before he moved into the guest bedroom) and the bathroom.. and the living room (*cusses out her luck, for the living room is where the computer is*) There's one in the dining room, one in my grandmother's bedroom (she never even uses it! PUT IT IN THE LIVING ROOM!) one in the sunroom, one in my grandfather's bedroom and one in my bedroom.

I think that about covers a day in the life of an average redneck (that's me, not them). *fingers ache from typing*

Look at it this way: they may have taken away your computer for a week, but at least they didn't deploy another preferred grandparental punishment device: physical labor. I'd rather be remanded from the computer for a week then froced to shop wood for a similar period of time
smile_h_32.gif

Ooooooooooh, a double bed?!
smile_n_32.gif
Which boy wants to sleep with Tanya in her bed?
smile_n_32.gif
 Theres plenty of room!
smile_n_32.gif
I volunteer.....................
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

My grandparants arnt that mean, grandpa certanley wasnt, but he died.....
smile_h_32.gif

Grandma is still alive, she isnt mean.
smile.gif
Um, you could have your own computer, but you would need a phone line in your bedroom to log on to the internet. I hope your grandpa changes his mind about banning you.
Dino
cool.gif

Your freaking me out man
confused.gif

FTG, how old are you? I am not sure if my parents would like me to explain every detail of my life online. J/K
smile_n_32.gif
Especially not at this age.

ok, right, Dino, how old are you?

Hmmm, that's younger than most on the boards...

I am also in your guys age group
biggrin.gif
I'm 12 going on 13.

Jason, I'm a teen... nobody knows what I say on here ^_^ This is my world.

By the way, Starman.. *smacks him senseless* It's MY bed. MY toss-and-turn comfort zone and nobody else's. *sprawls out over bed* Mine.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Jason, I'm a teen... nobody knows what I say on here ^_^ This is my world.

A world publically viewable to anyone with an internet connection and an interest in carnivorous plants.

Remember that even if you think everything seems perfectly safe and private, it may very well not be. Precautionary measures should always be taken when it comes to giving out private personal details online, or anywhere for that matter. ;)

Back