What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you grow besides cps?

I'd like to see what you guys and gals grow other then CPs.

I've never grown anything BUT nepenthes. But for some reason I've developed an interest in growing giant pumpkins! very strange indeed. I just bought some "atlantic giant" variety of pumpkin seed... I'm excited but not as excited I am for my CPs, don't get me wrong you know, =wink= =wink=

Orchids and bonsai

hmm it does seem that alot of people grow orchids as well as cps...

Thats cool bonsai is awesome....

Orchids.
smile.gif
Plus a morning glory and other garden plants.
smile.gif

anything tropical really. I grow roses, tropical/epiphytic cactus, terrestrial cactus, bananas, and general houseplants.

Joe

i think I'll try and grow a large pumpkin and make a green house out of it

I also grow roses, tropical cactus, terrestrial cactus, bananas, succulants, fruit trees, fruit vines, fruit canes, flowering vines and bushes, vegetables, spices, flowers, bonsai, orchids, gingers (and other tropicals), pond plants, anything I can get my hands on
smile_n_32.gif

I also grow orchids and passionflowers, and have several gardens...shade garden with hostas, helleborus, bleeding heart, coral bells, jack-in-the-pulpit, trillium, toad lilies, and more; sun garden with balloon flowers, bell flowers, foxgloves, poppies, lilies, day lilies, coneflowers, blackeyed susans, ruddbekia and more; herbs and occasionally vegetables (but not this year). Then there are the African violets and quite a few other plants scattered around including ficus, splitleaf philodendron, fire fern and more. In other words...I have waaaaaaaaaay too many plants to take care of.
biggrin.gif
But I sure do love 'em.

I just grow cps, except for a bamboo plant someone gave me.

orchids, some tropical cacti, lillies, few odd ball tropicals most anything that catches my eye.

Rattler

I grow pretty much everything but orchids... I love hot peppers, so habaneros are a must, lots of tomatoes, eggplant, peas....
Our garden outside has roughly 150 different types of stuff in it, from sunflowers all the way to my prized liverwort...
Cactii, we have maybe 15 different ones, including some winter-hardy Opuntias outside (impressive for Canada, I think at least)

Oh, and berries, rasp, goose, straw and hopefully blackberries next year...

We have enough flowers (and mostlt the trumpet vine is responsible) that we attract hummingbirds (relativelt rare in our town) and tons of butterflies....

Oh, and herbs, we get all our oregano, savoury, thyme and basil from a few really well established clumps of that....

Only things we won't grow are Impatiens and pansies.

CPs have now opened a pandora's box I never even imagined, though
smile.gif

Besides CP, I just grow orchids.

At different times in my life I have cultivated different living critters. As a kid I had 8 fish tanks in my basement. As an adult, before CP's, I have done much outside gardening: dwarf fruit trees, a variety of berries, Holland bulbs & rhizomes, veggies, pansy, viola, morning glory, lily of valley, forget me not, roses, cacti - AND KIDS. I have four kids, which means I have surplus. If interested, SASE me, with the usual $2 enclosed.

there are plant's besides CP's?? you learn something new everyday...

I like aquarium plants. Slowly building my way up to my own big planted tank.

My whole back porch is full of trees, mostly citrus (most of those are key limes, which are flowering this year for the first time) that I started from seeds, plus one big ginkgo tree in a big pot. I also have one cattleya orchid that is really sprouting out this year.

I like the key limes because they are supposed to grow good fruit from seeds without grafting, budding, etc., etc.

Yum! Key limes! You can have fresh key lime pie!

I also grow quiet a few species of caulerpa and mangroves for nutrient export on my reef tank... I just got the mangroves they are seedlings still....

Whatever I can get my hands on.

cps/dogs/vampires/werewolves/mutated mammals/myself. No I have not been watching too many horror movies...
smile_m_32.gif

Back