What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I might not be on as much as i used to

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date
[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Aug. 07 2004,5:05)]ANYWAY........
the day she came to our house to live with us, she was absolutely fine compared to what she's like now. she was very alert, could speak, etc etc. when we were in florida, she came with us. i went on a Bog raid and got a bunch of sarracenia that were going to be killed. she loved them soo much, she thought they were beautiful, so i gave her a nice little "mini bog dish garden" full of sarracenia and i put it in her room. she said that when she died she wanted a flower arrangement of them.... this was last sunday. how DEPRESSING.
Im now close to tears. That is so sad.
smile_h_32.gif

i know, it's really really sad. she loved the sarracenia flowers too. she said she liked them more than orchids. I plan on putting a lil' envelope of seeds in the little box-thingie in her casket.

Maybe she will plant the seeds when she arrives at the afterlife.
smile.gif

I know, put in germinating instructions too so she knows how to germinate them. And a growing guide so she knows how to grow them in the afterlife.
Dino

lol, hopefully in the afterlife we won't have to worry about details like that lol.

i plan on putting fresh sarracenia flowers on her grave every year-even if they DO smell like cat-pee. she was really impressed with them when i got back to the hotel from the bog-raid. they didn't even have the petals left on them and she still said they were beautiful. she said "It's amazing, the things god can create"

auctually we have a few acres in florida near the big lake, i forget what it's called. it's a peat-bog with pine treese and stuff. it's like in the woods. i've never been there and didn't know about it untill an hour ago when my mother and i discussed the will ( i brought it up because i was afraid my crack-addict "brother" would waste his inheritance). .

Whtas the point of giving someone seed that they cant germinate?
confused.gif

Your brother is on crack?!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Jesus!!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Dino

it's a NICE thing to do , starman. some people put money in caskets , even though the person inside can't spend it.

by the way, if anyone has any sarracenia flowers (i know it's kind of late in the year..) that they don't plan on pollinating, i'd greatly appeciate it if you would send a few of them to me dried or wrapped in dry paper towels as i'd like to dry them and put them in the casket. by grandmother may not be able to talk but she'd greatly appreciate it. she's was a big orchid-grower before she got sick and she said they were prettier than orchids. i'd be MORE than happy to trade you LIVE plants in exchange for sarracenia flowers. i don't care if they have petals or not.

and yeah , he is on crack and alot more. but i don't want to talk about it. i answered your PM however.

Dude, I'm so sorry about your grandmother... my sincerest condolences to you.

I know how it is to have to deal with knowing someone with a bad addiction. My mother smokes and does marijuana. I can't really do anything about it. It's a primary reason my grandparents won't let me live with her, but what they just don't understand is that my mother loves me just as much as any other mother out there, even if she doesn't live with me, and I know she would at least try to stop for me. But if she couldn't stop, I still don't see why I couldn't live with her. The problem is that my grandparents don't trust my judgement, and they never have understood that my judgement is alot better that my mom's. No matter how long I lived with her, I wouldn't even think about smoking or doing drugs, and she wouldn't let me anyways.

I'm done fuming.

well i told my parents and i'm getting on the patch.

it's so pathetic. she's just lying there. i held her hand and kepy tellin het how much i loved her and i kept kissing her. you know the way your dog or cat makes a noise and you think it sounds like something in english? like "i want out!"? well she ept trying to say something and it sounded like "i love you!" i am sitting here crying uncontrollably. i took a sedative but it's not working.

she's just so pathetic. it's so sad. my parents don't think she'll make it through the night. its just not fair. ITS JUST NOT FAIR! my parents asked me if i'd like her to go to a hospital and i said no because they can't do anything and if she were concious she would rather be here. i don't want her to die in a cold moist hospital will the smell of death in the air, i just WONT HAVE IT!

sorry if there are some typo's... i'm crying

Hang in there man.

dude im so sorry. Im crying now too. I hope she pulls through.

remember if you ever need to talk to someone, we are all here for you.

I'd like to thank JBL. he is giving a member of the rubra complex to my grandmother with a flower. he told me he usually cuts the flowers off, but this one got missed and he thinks it bloomed for this occasion. this plant will be very special to me and my grandmother since it blossomed just for her, and i promise you and it , that it will  be present at my grandmothers funeral if it arrives here before she arrives with the rest of her family. she told me she wanted an arrangement of sarracenia, and by god-she's going to get it come hell or high-water!

If i had any sars at the time, id give you all of them.

oh NO! no one has to give me or my grandma anything. it sort of hurt me to say yes to his offer but i knew it would make my grandmother happy. i wish he wanted something in return but he doesn't.

i'm much more calm now- that xanax really works.

that not what i mean. I would give it to you to make your grandmother happy, in here last few days

ohh alrighty, that's so sweet of you.

it's really sad. i dont think she's going to make it through the night. i just wish she could say something, something.

she might not be able to talk, but she can still hear and she'll know how much everyone is thinking about her when i tell her tomorrow
smile.gif

I'm so sorry to hear that your grandmother is doing poorly. Its always hard to let go of those we love. But remember she isn't happy this way. It is no way to live when you are so sick you can't enjoy anything. Make these last days count...give her lots of love. You will ALWAYS have her love with you even when she passes on to her new journey. And all the memories she's given you your whole life. I have many wonderful memories of my paternal grandmother. I think she is responsible for my love of plants.

Death is always hardest on those left behind. There isn't much words can do to comfort. But the depth of grief you feel is a testimonial to the depth of your love her.

Everyone is here for you...so hang in there.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Aug. 07 2004,6:16)]it's a NICE thing to do , starman. some people put money in caskets , even though the person inside can't spend it.

by the way, if anyone has any sarracenia flowers (i know it's kind of late in the year..) that they don't plan on pollinating, i'd greatly appeciate it if you would send a few of them to me dried or wrapped in dry paper towels as i'd like to dry them and put them in the casket. by grandmother may not be able to talk but she'd greatly appreciate it. she's was a big orchid-grower before she got sick and she said they were prettier than orchids. i'd be MORE than happy to trade you LIVE plants in exchange for sarracenia flowers. i don't care if they have petals or not.
No no, she wont know how to germinate and grow them, thats what I mean.

Oh its morning!!!
smile_h_32.gif
 Is she............................

Back