What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I might not be on as much as i used to

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date
[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Aug. 07 2004,10:33)]I'm so sorry to hear that your grandmother is doing poorly.  Its always hard to let go of those we love.  But remember she isn't happy this way.  It is no way to live when you are so sick you can't enjoy anything.  Make these last days count...give her lots of love.  You will ALWAYS have her love with you even when she passes on to her new journey.  And all the memories she's given you your whole life.  I have many wonderful memories of my paternal grandmother.  I think she is responsible for my love of plants.

Death is always hardest on those left behind.  There isn't much words can do to comfort.  But the depth of grief you feel is a testimonial to the depth of your love her.

Everyone is here for you...so hang in there.  
smile.gif
Its true.  
smile_h_32.gif
My grandad died from cancer.  
smile_h_32.gif
There was nothing anyone could do.  
smile_h_32.gif
My grandma looked after him, a few days before he died, grandma rang my mom and was always crying on the phone that she cant cope.  
smile_h_32.gif
She did this everyday untill he died.  
smile_h_32.gif
Then he died on my birthday, June 2nd.  
smile_h_32.gif
One of the last things he did in his life was give me £10. Another thing that he wished was for me to always be happy. Before he died, he said:
"I am not afraid to die." "I have done and acomplished everything in life." "I am not afraid to die."

I feel so guilty now, that I wasnt at his bedside, he was still in Bosniia, and I was here, in England.

At least you are with your grandma for her final days of her life.
Dino

thanks you for your kind words , everyone.

starman- instead of asking if shes "......." which i assume you mean to ask if she's dead, you coul have said "Good morning! how is your grandma?"

but to answer your question, she's still alive. the human body can only live 3 days,give or take a few hours , without water, today will be her second day. the only fluid she is getting is 1 CC of morphine everyhour.

same as yesterday except worse.

My grandmother passed away at about 3:00 PM today.

smile_h_32.gif

Im so sorry. I really am. If theres anything I can do for you, dont hesitate to ask.
smile_h_32.gif

nah, there isn't anything anyone can do. i'm probably going to have my dad pick up my school assignments and take a few days off. were going to stay my my grandmothers house in atlanta for a few days and organize the funeral, the wake, her assets, ect ect.

Sorry to hear that Clint.
smile_h_32.gif

Jerry

you did everything you could man. Im sure you made her last few hours the best she couldve hoped for. Perhaps you could start a mini bog garden outside of the cemetary, and fill it with sars.

lol, that would be a sweet thing to do but the cemetary is over an hour away.

they should make silk sarracenia plants, shouldn't they?

auctually i was asleep her last few hours. i stayed up all night and i just woke up an hour ago.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss Clint...but I'm also glad that she is free of mortal pain. Sounds like she had a good life...and now she is on a different journey. You will see her again at some point. Its hard to lose someone we love...but they live on in our hearts with memories.

I think your idea of the Sarracenia flowers is really cool. I know she'd like that.
smile.gif

My condolences to you and your family.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Aug. 08 2004,2:07)]they should make silk sarracenia plants, shouldn't they?
They do. Saw a vase of fake Sarr pitchers in Tomlinson's in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

JLAP, I'm so sorry about you grandmother... it's so horrible to lose someone you love.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Aug. 08 2004,7:11)]My grandmother passed away at about 3:00 PM today.
I am so, so sorry.
smile_h_32.gif
smile_h_32.gif
smile_h_32.gif

we're all sorry, but death is the third phase of life and she's much happier now. Right now, she's dancing with her husband
smile.gif

Sorry to hear about the at JLAP.
smile_h_32.gif
It is never easy dealing with a grand parent dieing..My condolences go out to you and your family.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]my grandmother is dieing. the has had:
4 strokes
1 heart attack
diabetes
congestive obstructive puliminary disease
now she has been diagnosed with congestive heart failure.

smile_k_ani_32.gif
No way
smile_k_ani_32.gif
And I thought my grandpa was on the 'unhealthy' side. I am shocked to hear of your loss, I can imagine what it'll be like to have such a beloved one pass when you are still of a young age. Our prayers go out to her...and hopefully she shall have an enduring afterlife in your devotion to her.

Take care man,
Jason
smile_o_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Aug. 09 2004,11:04)]we're all sorry, but death is the third phase of life and she's much happier now. Right now, she's dancing with her husband
smile.gif
My grandpa is very happy with his son, Gordon, who died at the age of 9 from lukemia. It was my 11th birthday when my grandpa died.
smile_h_32.gif
Grandpa, he is now soaring throught the sky with his son. One day, I too will join them with mom, auntie, uncle, grandma and my 2 cousisns. Grandpa, wherever you may be, we shall always share the same sky.
He is watching over me. Your grandma is too.
Dino

So sorry to here that jlap.I can`t imagine how hard that must be I mean when my grndfather on my fathers side died a few years back I was crying all day long and I didn`t realy even know him so for you to lose your grandmother that you knew and loved wow that must be realy hard.

I`m so sorry,
Noah.

OH! Noah is back online! hope your doing better!

Back