What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I might not be on as much as i used to

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
my grandmother is dieing. the has had:
4 strokes
1 heart attack
diabetes
congestive obstructive puliminary disease
now she has been diagnosed with congestive heart failure.

the doctor estimated she has 6 months to live, but she is declining so rapidly that the hospice people think she'll die before monday.

what makes it worse is i'm trying to stop smoking, at a time like this! i'm going nuts! i'm nervous , depressed, and really really in a bad mood since i'm trying to stop smoking.

i just wanted to tell you guys this because i might not be on as much as i used to. i can probably only get on for 10 minutes in the morning and a few minutes at night.

caio for now
-clint

Thats scary.
smile_h_32.gif
I will be in London from tommorow untill next Sunday, a week.
She could be dead by the time I come back.
smile_h_32.gif
Very sorry to hear that.
smile_h_32.gif

She got that from smoking, right? Clint, if you stop smoking before she dies,
Im sure she will pass away with a satisfied heart knowing that what happened to her wont happen to her grandson.
Dino

My Grandma already died. A drunk driver killed her years ago
mad.gif
. I'm sorry she's passing dude, I hope she lived the good life.

yep, she got COPD from smoking but that's all smoking has had to do with her death. i just got back from the armani exchange about an hour ago and we had to drop my suit off at the tailor.

she doesn't know i smoke, starman.

she's sort of in a coma right now, she's not really in a coma but she isn't talking, her eyes are shut, ect ect. she can still hear though.

I thought you were 14?

i am.

it's really sad. we don't know when she's asleep, or if she's in any discomfort. she can't drink or eat anything, not even pills. Hospice gave us some morphine that my mom is supposed to drop under her tongue to help her breath, but we don't know if she needs it or not so my mom is in alot of stress.

sorry to hear that dude. I lost my real grandmother a few years before i was born.

But...
Your 14?? and you smoked?? dude, when did you start?

a few months ago, about 3 or 4.

I pretty Much smoked a pack of cigrretts at a really smoky Modest Mouse Concert, We had to leave Early cuz my lungs were being crushed. I was the youngest person there
laugh.gif

Yes, unfortunatley, you may end up with exactly the same fate as your grandmother if you dont stop. Like it or not, thats the truth.
Yes, youre 14 arnt you?
You get it from ppl who can buy it, dont you?

look, used to smoke about 6 a day, now i'm at 3-4. i'm quitting , what else do you want from me, starman? this thread isn't about my smoking or about me quitting. yester day i had 2, today i had 2, but i will probably smoke one or two more today. don't threaten me with death, starman. i know what i do is unhealthy, and that's why i'm quitting.

and by the way, my grandmother is not dieing because she has COPD, she's dieing because her heart doesn't work. only 25% of it works. sure, COPD isn't making things better, but it is not primary, or even secondary reason she's dying.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Aug. 07 2004,4:28)]look, used to smoke about 6 a day, now i'm at 3-4. i'm quitting , what else do you want from me, starman? this thread isn't about my smoking or about me quitting. yester day i had 2, today i had 2, but i will probably smoke one or two more today. don't threaten me with death, starman. i know what i do is unhealthy, and that's why i'm quitting.
Im just telling you. But, at the end of the day, you can do whatever the hell you want to do, nobody here including me can stop you. You said you were quiting ages ago, but I will not say any more about it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Aug. 07 2004,4:32)]and by the way, my grandmother is not dieing because she has COPD, she's dieing because her heart doesn't work. only 25% of it works. sure, COPD isn't making things better, but it is not primary, or even secondary reason she's dying.
I think I know that. That disease from smoking is making her feel 10 times worse though. I will say no more about it.

no one needs to curse, i didn't.

your right, i did say i'd quit ages ago but i am quitting now. you could ATLEAST be happy i'm serious about it instead of complaining.

it's like when someone is on a diet, then you complain that they aren't losing weight faster.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Aug. 07 2004,4:48)]no one needs to curse, i didn't.

your right, i did say i'd quit ages ago but i am quitting now. you could ATLEAST be happy i'm serious about it instead of complaining.

it's like when someone is on a diet, then you complain that they aren't losing weight faster.
I will say no more about it. You have said that before. I will say no more about it. This is not the place to talk about this.

Im on a Diet and Im unhappy when I dont loose enough. This isnt the place to talk about this either.

Moderators, I am done. I will say no more about it.

Justlike
You must be under a terrible strain right now - death is never easy to watch, and at such a young age it most be just awful. My first memory with death I was 16 it was a great uncle whom I was not even very close to, but still at such a tender age it was most difficult. My heart goes out to you and your family. I pray Grandma has a holy death.

ANYWAY........
the day she came to our house to live with us, she was absolutely fine compared to what she's like now. she was very alert, could speak, etc etc. when we were in florida, she came with us. i went on a Bog raid and got a bunch of sarracenia that were going to be killed. she loved them soo much, she thought they were beautiful, so i gave her a nice little "mini bog dish garden" full of sarracenia and i put it in her room. she said that when she died she wanted a flower arrangement of them.... this was last sunday. how DEPRESSING.

thanks D_Capensis (did noah ever get my presents?)

my only hope is that she goes in her sleep-that's how i would like to go aswell.

Back