What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gross! i dissected a mouse tonight

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
Ever have your computer mouse stop moving in one direction altogether and justify to either the top or edge of your screen so you shake it and cry and curse the universe and finally buy a new mouse?

Well, go grab youself a phillipshead screwdriver and a needle of some sort (do it now!
smile_n_32.gif
). Take out the screw and pop the top half off. Clean the lint, dirt and dust out of the spinning gear for the X & Y rollers and it'll be just like a brand new mouse! I've never done this before I always just went and bought a new mouse.

(No animals were harmed in this experiment)

The best computer mouse to clean are those found in collage computer labs. You just never know what all that gunk is from. You also get use to cleaning 40+ of the little rodants each week. I have since moved on to an optical mouse due to fact that they never need cleaned.

Many people have gone out and bought a new mouse, when all they had to do was clean the rollers. I guess I grew up with user manuals that showed all that stuff. Not so much today with the new computers. Everything seems to be in the built-in help features that no one seems to use. I find it so odd when I sit down at a computer someone has owned for a few years and go to use the help menu to show them what they could have done themselves, only to find "Setting up help for the first time" or whatever that message is.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Gross! i dissected a mouse tonight, And you should too!
Boy, is that a misleading topic!
smile_m_32.gif

yes, very misleading! But i did that once and peeled off layers and layers of gunk. mmm, delicous

I got tired of cleaning my mouse's little ummm uh.......(whispered quietly) ball. And went to the female type mouse like Nick.
smile_n_32.gif
Then I got tired of the cord/tail snagging on stuff when playing computer games and went tail-less as well. Like the tail-less mice much better and I don't have to clean gunk off my mouses ball every couple of months
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ Aug. 10 2004,8:27)] And went to the female type mouse like Nick.
Yeah, same here. I like not having to clean it, but the female mice seem alot moodier
smile_n_32.gif

I use to live in a house that was in front of a big field. Needless to say, I had an endless amount of mice finding their way into my house. I got the have a heart traps and I would release them to the field. It didn't take me long to figure out that was almost as effective as leaving cheese laying around the house. So I decide I had to do the ultimate deed. I got one out of the Have a heart trap put him in a cardboard box. I was trying to think of a way to do the deed without any pain or suffering to the mouse. Let's just say I dissected them with a 9mm.
confused.gif
OH this is about a computer mouse. Opps. I just take the ball out then scrape of the funk with a knife.

what a waste of 9mm shots, just go speeding down a highway, and let them go as your driving. if that doesnt do the trick. then these mice have immortality rings. I get first dibs.

I use a RF wireless optical type mouse. It is absolutly the best. My keyboard is a RF wireless optical too... You never know how much you move these things arround untill they are wireless... When it is time to retype my growlist... I take the keyboard to the plants and type away...
smile.gif
fix the few spelling mistakes later.
smile_m_32.gif

Andrew

Optical mice are your friends.

Wireless keyboard and wireless/optical mouse for me.
cool.gif

Back