What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Insecticide question

i couldnt find the Schultz insecticide recomended in another thread but i found a different one. it is Schultz Expert Gardener House Plants & Gardens Insect spray made from chrysanthemum flowers. it contains pyrthrins 0.02%; piperonyl butoxide 0.20%. do you think i can use this? it sys it can be used on edible fruits and veggies up to the day of harvest. its water based and seemed like my best bet. the other fairly eco friendly likly ones to try all seemed to use a salt of some form.

Rattler

Rattler,
I have used Pyrethrine/water based insecticides with no problems on my pitcher plants. On my dews however, any insecticide I have used has usually fried the tentacles. The leaves were all right, but the tentacles curled up and lost their dew and never produced any more. I would try it on a couple of spare plants or on a plant that the looks won't matter if it has to grow new leaves to replace damaged ones.

well the bugs are just in my nep tank. there are a few orchids and 2 Utrics in with them. the bugs so far seem localized to a couple of plants. but those are suffering. if i were to loose the 2 Utrics it wouldnt be good but they are really common species but they dont seem affected any way. they are prolly kept way to wet for these bugs since they seem to be staying twords the tops of the Neps. thanks for your input and the plants will get treated ASAP. ill let everyone know my results.

Rattler

Back