What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tornado!

• Thread starter firewired
  • Start date
A tornado hit my neighbor's place a couple of weeks ago.  They're barn was at least 3 times higher than in this picture.  Thankfully though, it left their house alone.

tornado1.jpg

tornado2.jpg

Ouch. Glad there arent tornadoes in CA!(we do have dust devils, but those are more amusing than dangerous).

Nothing in that, right?

Wow, it almost looks like there's almost no debris in the yard! We get at least a couple of tornadoes a year(usually nothing very big) in the area where I live, so I'm used to picking up debris....
smile_n_32.gif

Thankfully there were no animals in there.

Never had to pick up debris after a tornado thankfully! I would like to keep it that way
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nflytrap @ Aug. 11 2004,8:26)]Ouch. Glad there arent tornadoes in CA!(we do have dust devils, but those are more amusing than dangerous).

Nothing in that, right?
oh yah, it's so much safer to have the plates shift and a wide crack forming in Los Angeles

lol, here we have no earthquakes or tornados.... the worst thing we have is.....umm.... nor'easters
lol

Nor'easters can be very damaging!

And don't forget the occasional hurricane. We haven't had one in several years, but I remember the last one....We got a record 15" of rain durring that storm (36 hours or so).

whoa! hope it left your house alone! good thing its all done and nothing alive was harmed

Back