What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xxviii olympics

hey who's watching or watched the opening ceremonies of this years olympics? the floats in the beggining with the people look really unbelivable!!

That stuff kinda freaked me out o_0

i was watching is for a bit last night. they really put on quite the show! what did you think of the guy spinning the box 20 feet in the air?

tech...

the blue guy with wings? The introductions are over, i just saw the fencing portion, ITALY WON!! Now its soccer.. let's see who wins

smile_h_32.gif
Here in Central Florida some of the cable TV systems pre-empted the Olympic opening ceremony with coverage of Hurricane Charley. It was disappointing as I always watch the Olympics and it wasn't on any channel...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jaje61 @ Aug. 14 2004,6:59)]
smile_h_32.gif
Here in Central Florida some of the cable TV systems pre-empted the Olympic opening ceremony with coverage of Hurricane Charley. It was disappointing as I always watch the Olympics and it wasn't on any channel...
How lamentable.
smile_h_32.gif
I like to watch the olympics every year too, though I prefer the winter olympics. Curling. O yea!
biggrin.gif

The opening ceremony was pretty remarkable! Think of all the precision that went into moving those hanging white statue pieces around!

I find it rather amusing that all the other channels have been showing movies and such to try to boost their ratings.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (elarwhis @ Aug. 15 2004,3:57)]How lamentable.
smile_h_32.gif
I like to watch the olympics every year too, though I prefer the winter olympics.
don't you mean every 4 years?
smile_n_32.gif

Can't wait until tmrw night, Dominican republic goes up in the volleyball competition.

the male gymnasts were AMAZING!!! i love to watch them..

First off, America wont get the gold in basketball. Darnit! Second, I didnt see the opening ceremonies. Will they show them again? Third, I absolutely, positively cant wait till the martian arts portion of the olympics. Oh man, its gonna be so cool!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Aug. 15 2004,3:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (elarwhis @ Aug. 15 2004,3:57)]How lamentable.
smile_h_32.gif
I like to watch the olympics every year too, though I prefer the winter olympics.
don't you mean every 4 years?
smile_n_32.gif
yea... I meant every year they come around....sorry 'bout that!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lol @ Aug. 15 2004,7:36)]Third, I absolutely, positively cant wait till the martian arts portion of the olympics.  Oh man, its gonna be so cool!

Yes, those Martians are very artistic.  The guys from Jupiter are not bad either...
smile_n_32.gif

Sorry, I couldn't resist!
smile_m_32.gif

theres some olypics being held in cyprus i herd

Back