What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nasc "volunteers"

superimposedhope

Somewhat Unstable
OK,
The list of people who want to contribute to the cause is a fair amount, I didn't count the names but....... Anyway, nobody is asking anybody here to lift a thing, all that you need to do is write a simple sentence saying "I could......" or "I think ...(name)....would be good ........" or "I think ...(name)... wouldn't be good". Many of you said that you want to contribute YET you can't manage to volunteer or less yet vote for someone else. If this ever gets going I wouldn't give any responsibility to someone who can't be trusted to do something this simple, let alone save an endangered plant or habitat.
I am offering to do the PR (Public Relations), if someone else is better qualified or just feel you could do it .............SAY SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!. I won't be offended if you say you'd be better for it, just say something. If you think I could, then vote for me or for whoever. If you don't want to be head of something then vote instead. I am not the only person who has said that they would be willing to head up something.
If you dont know what you can do, I am telling you now. Either volunteer to head up something/do something OR vote for someone else to do these things. If you think someone may be good at something post and one of us will talk to them and see if they are interested.

So many "volunteers" except most seem unwilling to volunteer a single sentence to the cause.

A man driving a bulldozer is making an effort to put food on his table for himself and his family. If you want a plant to survive His efforts, then you too must make an effort.

Volunteer OR Vote
Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (superimposedhope @ Aug. 15 2004,3:00)]A man driving a bulldozer is making an effort to put food on his table for himself and his family.
Exactly what I've been doing....work and soon school. I will have no time shortly for anything but buying fuel for the greenhouse and homework. My primary objective in the NASC is collecting the plants, so I am busy at one thing for conservation efforts.

And a wonderful effort that will be.

One thing that I will volunteer to do (since I can not get info from the states) is to keep collection data. I could keep a central data base of all the plants collected and where the are sent to (if no one is doing it already). The collectors would have to get the information to me and regular updates from the growers would be nice. I would gladly offer to do more, but I am unsure of what needs to be done. I agree that we must have a policy outline first.

if you guys need anything PM Me i'm not sure what all needs done but i might be able to help if you PM Me

Back