What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Macro!

I have been enjoying the macro feature on my camera ever since I got my cps.  I love to see those big drops of dew up close!

Capensis%20narrow%20closeup.jpg

Wow! What cam is it? Sony something or other?

Dustin, almost every dig cam now has macro.
I have an olympus D-540 Zoom, its got macro. most cameras now a days do

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ Aug. 16 2004,8:17)]Wow! What cam is it? Sony something or other?
It is a Canon Powershot A80. I really like the macro feature. Yes, many digitals have a macro now, but there are still differences in the focusing distances. Also, macro is one thing, but Megapixels are very important too! Mine is 4.0 mp, I would love to get my hands on a 11mp, but don't feel like spending the $5000.
smile.gif
That macro would be something though!

Very nice pic, Joel. It makes my complimentary Earthlink digicam look sick!

I know what macro is guys.
smile_n_32.gif
I'm a digi nut, I wanted to know the brand. BTW, did you crop that from a higher resolution firewired?

Yeah I did, I figured I'd save some time loading.  I have the camera set on the highest resolution and the "Super fine" setting to get the best quality I can possibly get.  I am a digi nut myself
biggrin.gif
 My camera also has a shutter and aperature adjustment, so I put the aperature on 8 (the highest choice) to get the best depth of field possible and also used a tripod.  Here's the full size image if you want to see:

Capensis

So for that macro you used Aperature priority and macro mode right? Jeez...I need to experiment and get a full review for my camera!

Actually I have a manual mode on my camera where I set the shutter speed and the aperature. You could also use aperature priority and would probably achieve the same effect, but I don't always trust the camera to set that for me.  I have found that with macro pictures, it will get too light sometimes.  So generally if I'm not rushed at all, I use the manual setting and get it to look just right.
smile.gif

More handy features in manual mode are being able to adjust the film speed.  I have never seen this in a digital camera before.  It works just like film cameras, if you choose 400 ISO you can take pictures in lower lighting and but will be a little grainier.  I usually keep in on 50 ISO if I can for the best quality.  There's also settings to adjust for color if it's sunny, cloudy, or flourescent light.

I should use manual mode more often then lol.

Lol. What kind of camera do you have?

Wow.......that is a very nice camera. It looks like your macro will focus a little closer than mine. Your resolution also goes a little higher than mine. Nice choice of camera! I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures.
biggrin.gif

Wish I knew how to get nice macros...I can get wonderufl photos, but higher resolutions and my PC cannot allocate sufficent memory to process them! I think it being 10 years old it needs to go to be upgraded!

Definately save up and get a new comp.

Yeah, a new computer is always nice. 10 years! That's a long time to have a computer now days. It seems like they are outdated as soon as you get a new one. Although it seems like they have somewhat caught up to gaming and graphics now. You can get a fairly descent computer now for a pretty good price too. And since you have those high quality pictures, better get a big hard drive!
smile.gif

I know I know.
smile.gif
Might ask for one for xmas or Bday.

Back