What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm here.. i'm good...

FlytrapGurl

apple rings.. what more can i say?
Sorry I haven't been on since, like, Thursday. On Friday, hurricane Charley came in. We were about 30 miles from the eye. We got really strong winds, worse than Floyd was here. We had the house boarded up and my CP greenhouse covered and bungied to the stove on the back porch. They did okay. Mom came over Friday night and stayed the night, since she really didn't feel like driving back, because she could barely stay on the road on the way here (REALLY bad winds and flooded roads). She said she "floated here". She stayed the night after that, too. Anyhoo, during the storm, we went out on the back porch and I counted about seven or eight transformers blow in about two minutes. *green explosion of light* *sparklefluff* ALIENS!! LOL.. anyways.. a whole side of the privacy fence fell down, and a whole lotta debris and crap in the yard. Other than that, nothing much.. oh yeah, and the power was out for 48 STRAIGHT HOURS. Went out at 7 PM Friday night (that was three hours before the hurricane even came in) and came back on about 7 PM Sunday night. IT WAS SO FREAKING HOT IN THAT HOUSE!!!!!!!!!! Trying to sleep in my bed at night without my bedside fan and the air conditioner on like I normally do was hell. And to make it even worse, I missed every single little bit of Friday Night Stand Up on Comedy Central. Well, at least I caught a football game on my portable TV (Miami Dolphins won! WoOoOoHoOoOo!!). It gets some channels. Oh, and I caught the Saturday night 8 PM X-Files episode. WOOT!

Freakin' power company, waitin' so long to come out.. waterhead retards, they are, aye.

EDIT: I would've been on earlier today, but I had to go to the doctor. For as long as I can remember, I've gotten this pain in my stomache just below my rib cage whenever I do something like jog or walk really vigorously for an extended period of time, or when I jog or trot my lesson horse during a riding lesson every Saturday. My doctor thinks it's because of a very high amount of acid in my stomache, linked to stress. Yeah, living with these two peeps I call my grandparents, you got that right -_- Anyhoo, I am to take one Zantac 75 every morning for three weeks and see if it helps.

Glad to here you`r ok FTG my aunt marge and uncle harold live down there and there coming up this september I sure hope I get better so I can see them(of course they`d probably come and see me if I`m not).

We were asterisk-less
smile_h_32.gif

Uh-oh maybe FTG isn`t feeling good?

The Zantac probably won't help. I get that too and have had it for years. I also have high acid content but reducing it doesn't stop it from happening. Thats if its the same thing anyway.
I heard your "Redneck girl" song,(they keep country on the overhead in the garage I work at. UGHHHH
smile_h_32.gif

Joe

Nope...there are asterisks in there. Look again.
smile.gif

Glad to hear you're alright. Still waiting to hear from Lauderdale...

Glad to here you are ok FTG.  Why didn't you just sleep on the patio?  There had to be a nice breeze out there.

Oh, Hi PAK.  I am fine.  Thanks for asking.  We had a steady twenty mph "breeze" Friday with gusts to sixty in a couple of the feeder bands.  A few trees blown down in Pompano but my CP's made it thru just fine.  However, since all of my Drosera are setting seed, I'm sure that in a couple weeks some guy in Wilton Manors is going to be wondering what those funny little plants are growing in his garden.
laugh.gif

I went to the beach for breakfast that morning and the surf was UP...way up...8 to 12'.  No sitting on the patio that day.  Bloody Marys and eggs benedict...ummm, ummm good.

Glad everyone is ok.
biggrin.gif

Oh. And I shall tell you of my mortifying experience at the doctor's. At the end, he joked with me and said, "Do you feel it when you look at boys?" I laughed and said no. And then my mom chimed in from behind me. "Nah, she's not really interested in boys that much. When she looks at Kenny Chesney, maybe." Oh. My. God. I blushed SO bad. So doc starts asking about this Kenny Chesney my mother speaks of. I just kept going "Nevermind."

I will never go to the doctor again.. I will never go to the doctor again... *tips over*

But Mom seems to have forgotten David Duchovny, Nicolas Cage, Kyle Chandler, Orlando Bloom, and Charlie what's-his-name (Jesse on Diagnosis Murder *drool*)..

Okayyy! I am done! No lectures this time, you guys.

Back