What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Friend 1 will take :
a Drosera Adelae
a Drosera Spathulata

Friend 2 will take :
a Pinguicula Moranensis

=D

Still waiting to see if there will be anyone else. ^_^

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]U. sandersonii is the easiest Utric
not for me.. I grow u. macrorhiza, calycfida, and u. longifolia, (plus a few other aquatics) and the sandersonnii died on me pretty fast.. and it never made any flower.

Just shows to go ya that everybody has different experiences. I once bought a purpurea and it was dead a week later. I could have deemed them as too difficult. Three months later I bought another. It is now nine months after that purchase that it is still alive and growing. I have another friend that believes that D. adelae are "evil." Until I hastily got rid of mine, it had lasted seven months and produced several plantlets.

JLAP Miami is great;) I cant complain!

-Jc

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sszvein @ Aug. 19 2004,8:25)]Friend 1 will take :
a Drosera Adelae
a Drosera Spathulata

Friend 2 will take :
a Pinguicula Moranensis

=D

Still waiting to see if there will be anyone else. ^_^
NO, NOT adelae!!!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Its a hard Drosera, it drops dead on lots of people wiyhout warning!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Give them an alicie instead os an Adelae.
Dino
smile_n_32.gif

I've had It before, It ain't that hard, I just fried it :cheesy:

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Grim @ Aug. 20 2004,5:41)]I've had It before, It ain't that hard, I just fried it :cheesy:
Its very difficult for begginers, it may grow fine for a while, then it just drops dead without warning.
smile_h_32.gif
You fertilized its leaves? Tut tut, fertilizer fries the leaves off all the Queensland sisters. Or did you give it too much light?
Dino
cool.gif

they both aren't too hard... just as long as you give them lower light then usuall they will grow great!

adelae is one of the easiest for me. sure they die but they last a long time first and make up for it with being easy to grow (for me atleast) and making lots of babies. they are great for low-light situations and can grow in high light with aclimation to be small and red.

The care itself is quite easy, the dead part is a problem but I think they might come up from the roots or you could take a few leaf cuttings. It got a Little to hot
laugh.gif

Back