What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sundew egg plate

NickHubbell

It’s a trap!
We had a new store open here in Findlay that sells pottery that you paint in the store. Once painted, its fired and you can pick it up in a week or so.

Anyway... my wife and I went in to paint something. My something turned out to be an egg plate. Although it didn't turn out like I thought it would, I don't think its too bad.

SundewEggPlate.jpg

That is AWESOME!!

Looks very nice.

Looks just like a spatulata - kansai form!
smile_m_32.gif

Thats neat!How much did it cost if you dont mind me asking?

Jerry

I am glad others like the plate. This place is not cheap. The egg plate cost $26. It took me about 6 hours to complete over two days. It doesn't look complicated, but I can say its harder than it looks. I am sure things go easier once one gets used to painting and such.

And yes... I do think it was a bit expensive. But I did have fun doing it.

Great stuff Nick! As a side note, I've never been good with pottery glazes, this looks great!

CP Crafts rule!
biggrin.gif

That's just too cool.
coolgleamA.gif
If I had one of those, I'd have to learn to like eggs, just so I could use it.
laugh.gif

Sound like a texture / grossout thing or maybe taste.
Nick, too bad about the carpenter ant on the plant
smile_m_32.gif

Doggone it, Nick!! You stole my design!!!!!! LOL!!!! Well done for a first time. Now, the rest of us who are on this thread, expect our plates in 2 or 3 weeks. Better get busy!!!!!!! We're waiting!!!!

That is tooo cool! They have one of those places here too but I've never been. Maybe I'll check it out some time.

Now all you have to do is fill it with delicious DEVILED EGGS! Yum! Go find Lauderdale...I'll be he makes good deviled eggs too.
laugh.gif

Back