What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hello! I'm a newbie... first my intro:
I am from mexico but now I am living in north carolina, USA. I am 16 years old (I just turned 16) and I'm male
smile.gif

I LOVE nature. I live in an apartment and it is FULL with nature stuff. my balcony is overflowing with plants (still room though! I've become very good at organizing pots and plants LOL) and I have terrariums stacked on my windowsills.
my CP growlist: cobra lily, drosera adelae, sarracenia purpurea, sarracenia rubra?
confused.gif
, a butterwort... purple... can't remember the scientific name, 2 species of wild bladderworts (no idea what species since they haven't flowered), and VFT's (all the normal kind) and I would love any kind of CP!
I also have a bryophillum crenatodiaigremontiana (or something like that! I can't remember it all!), 2 mystery cactuses, one mystery huernia and others. I NEED more plants!!! ANY plants LOL!

ANYWAY... my question is.... do CP's have glands? I had never heard about plants having glands... if not, how do they release the enzymes into the pitcher or whatever?

Welcome, TheAlphaWolf! You've come to the right place. Check out the trading forum, as things are given away for a Self-addressed stamped envelope all the time! Also, if you offer something to trade, you'll have more CPs than you can handle in no time.

Of course, for the basic CPs, this site sells them for very reasonable prices, and are of the highest quality.

Oh, and yes they have glands, and they work. That's all I can tell you!

Welcome!
Capslock

Welcome TheAlphaWolf  
biggrin.gif

And thanks for the nice introduction!  Glad to have you aboard.  
smile.gif
 You'll fill up your grow space in no time.

Yes, the glands secrete the digestive enzymes.  The glands are a little different for each genus but basically work the same.  I have seen some macro photos on the 'net of the glands...pretty interesting.

Hope you join in and have fun.  Its a super nice community here.

Suzanne/PAK

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Aug. 20 2004,7:17)]one mystery huernia
Don't you just HATE it when you get those??

welcome to the forums! hope the huernia doesn't give ya too much trouble.

Hello and welcome. I will leave it at that because your question has already been well answered.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the forums. Where do you live in NC, I'm from NC. If you don't mind send me a pm with the info on the bladderworts you have. I may be able to help you identify them.

Welcome to the forums! These forums are a great source of information! I have learned alot in the past few months, and also gained a considerable amount of plants!
smile.gif

Welcome! You may not be far away from Wesley, who is also from NC and 16. Go Duke Blue Devils!

Wesley lives in Boone I think.

I live in wake county (cary)
I like it here because there are tons of trees arround and many parks.... but WAY too many people keep coming here! I think some magazine or something named this one of the best places in the US to live... stupid magazine! now all the trees are being cut for houses and shopping centers and stuff :'(

Back