What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couple sculptures in progress

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
Just some updates of a few sculpting projects I'm working on for anyone bored enough to look.

First some revisions on "the bald guy" from a while ago...
lavey8.jpg

lavey10.jpg

lavey11.jpg

lavey12.jpg

Here's the start of Mortiis, his mouth isn't done and I'm waiting on some high quality  costume and prosthetic reference shots from his managment before I tackle the inner shapes of his ear.
mortiis5.jpg

mortiis6.jpg

At the moment this is just some body.
torso1.jpg

torso2.jpg

Sorry for the grainy shots, maybe some detail comes through anyway!
smile_h_32.gif

As usual you rock at the details on those guys.

Do you have any pictures of finished sculptures?

No figure kits finished and painted up yet
smile_h_32.gif

At the moment I've just been working on getting the above faces correct since it's the part people notice first on ones that are supposed to be "real people". Once the face is where I want it then it's time for the rest of them.

I'm starting up a 12" Nazgul ("ring wraith" from Lord of the Rings) who will be sculpted as one big piece. Just gotta get his wire support skeleton in the right pose before I begin slapping on the clay. Any statues I've seen of them are very static poses - I want mine to appear like it's gonna creep toward you (and take your precious ring).
biggrin.gif

Cool! Those look great. I will be looking forward to seeing pictures of the Nazgul too!

The LaVey sculpt is awesome, and the Mortiis is also astonishing!! Do you listen to Mortiis / Emperor, or did you just see some pics and liked the look?

Great work!! /Quensel

Great detail.

Back