What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cars! cars! cars!

04 toyota tacoma club cab
04 honda civic hybrid
61 nash metropolitan
86 honda magna 700
95 ford explorer four door

Wait, two of us have E55 AMGs??? Lithopsman, wooohooo! How fun is it to blow the doors off of "sports cars" with the big benz boat???

Capslock

Mercedes E55 AMG are awesome looking cars and fast one too.

I love Mercedes overall.

Yes, I agree. I used to have a black 99 E55 which is more sleeper than the 04, but still not too obvious, and dusts all 911s except turbos and GT2s.
smile.gif

I've had my fun with it, however, and I'm ready to sell it. I've sort of decided that expensive cars are about the worst investment a person can make, so it's time to go. Also, I have a place in Lake Tahoe that I go to all the time, and the E55 is the worst snow car in history, so I also have an SUV. Too many cars.

If anyone out there wants a fantastic E55 with a mere 30K miles, I'm selling for $40K!

Capslock

i love threads like this. i don't have a cool car though, just a "stock" 96 neon. buying a house and having bills with a rather weak job doesn't help much. tha'll change though.

mustang corba: i have a buddy with an 03. really fast car. last i heard he dyno's out at over 500/500 to the wheels. dual 3", chip, pulley, kenney bell "blowzilla", new fmic... his dad also has 3 vipers, a prowler, a pantera, and the ford gt is on order. it's a lot of fun when i got to "the garage"...

nothing fast for me for a few years though. working on a new job, then getting the bills payed off, then it'll be car time. the plan is for a driving school in 2 years, then a "fast" car 2 years after that. i'm all about the MKIV supra though... well, that's the plan now. have to see how the price is in 4-5 years LOL! small fortune i'm sure!

tech...

I had my fair share of seeing exotics on the road. So far I have seen Lamborghini Gallardo(s), Murcielago(s), Diablo(s), Rolls Royce Phantom, Bentley Arnage and Continental GT, a couple of Ferrari (mostly 360 spyders).

I really like the BMW 6 series though (only saw two of them on the road).

2004 Toyota Corolla S, with tilting/sliding moon and sunroof, color-keyed sides, alloy wheels, spoiler, and underskirt. Beautiful blue. I was so excited to buy it, I forgot to get an alarm system, but at least I remembered the keyless entry and cruise control! lol.

My parents first car (and the first I remembered) was a huge iridescent purple Dodge Challenger that they bought from the racetrack. Big 'ol VROOM VROOM. Problem is it got 8 mpg during the 70's gas shortage!

I haven't run my car on the drag strip, but I've done some auto crosses....

I was going to take my car to Carlsbad rac way to drag it but then they closed it to make appartments!!!!!! thats so wrong!!!!

Theres a guy I met at a bimmer parking lot met and his car was set up some what similar setup engin wise, his best time was 12.7 but he runes 3 more psi then I do so I don't know if mine would run similar times.. My guess is low 13s

old red 4x4 chevy truck

rust
coffee stains
shovel behind the seat
band-aids, bug spray and TP in the glove box.

Dodge Challenger! What a car! Oh capslock, don't sell it. Impractical cars are what i'm all about. Practical cars are for people that are "rational". That's not what the car hobby is about!
smile_m_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

I am in my 5th year of college and am still driving my very first car, a 1989 Grand Am SE with a turbo charged four cylinder. It's been a great car, and it's got a little zip to it too.
biggrin.gif

My project car for the past 3 years has been a 1970 Pontiac LeMans. I bought an old Grand Ville and took the 400 out of it, and had it rebuilt, bored, and stroked out to a 462. That's where I am right now. The whole front end is off of the car and the engine wrapped up on my engine stand. Kind of at a stand still right now since I am in college and can't work on it during the school year.

Hopefully when I graduate I can get a good job and afford the parts for the rest of the car! It's going to be a gas guzzling power house though
biggrin.gif
I'm excited to get it running.

I dont have a car yet, (sheesh 26 and no license, how lame is that!) but I have my eyes set on a Shelby Cobra GT 500 :p
Just gotta win the lottery first... a few times lol

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]but I have my eyes set on a Shelby Cobra GT 500 :p
Just gotta win the lottery first... a few times lol

I hear ya there!  I have my eyes on alot of cars.......but that whole money thing kind of gets in the way.
biggrin.gif

Flip side: I know you like BMW/ //M better than ///AMG, and as of today I am on the wait list for a 2005 M5.  
smile.gif
 Should have it in around a year!  
smile_m_32.gif

Edit: Just got back from the BMW dealer. Drove an M3 convertible and absolutely LOVED it! Looks like there might be another(or different) car in the garage!
smile.gif
smile_m_32.gif

Right now I'm driving a  red '91 V6 Berreta gt. My wife has a red 2000 V6 grand am gt. That's a very fast car. At work I drive a 16 ton ford boom truck.
I've driven alot of different vehicles. My first car was a '77 Grand Prix. MY favorite was a brand new '93 Dakota sport. The biggest, most expensive was a locomotive.

*drool* v10 m5 is going to be awesom but I must admit I'm partial to the e39 M5 I'm just not digging this stuff Chris Bangle is designing

I must say the 6 and 5 series are actually pretty nice looking cars. The M5 is going to be a brute. I love the SMG transmission... Absolutely ingenious on the M3 anyways. Will have to drive a standard and SMG M5...
smile.gif

I think they might not put a manuel in the new e60m I think its just goin to be an SMG. I've driven my friends smg z4 3.0 and it was fun when I was doing the shifting but in manuel mode it feels like a student driver learning stick... all jerky. I'm sure they' fix that though by the time the new m5 comes, its just al the currant smg cars that are like that...

I must agree that the Z4 SMG was poorly executed. Drive an M3's! Absolutely amazing! Very similar to the systems of the Maseratis that I have driven... I do think that there is a possibility of a 6-speed manual in the E60M... It may or may not happen though...

EDIT: It does appear that it will only have a 7-speed SMG. Fine by me!

Back