What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bacps plant show and sale - sunday sept. 19th 2004

It's that time of year again. The Bay Area Carnivorous Plant Society is putting on their Plant Show and sale at the Garden Center on Lake Merritt, in Oakland on SUNDAY, September 19th, 2004. We did very well last year and outgrew our facilities so we are now having it at a location that will hold about 5 times as many people.

Vendors have signed up and we are looking forward to a wide selection of plants for sale from the pros and the amateurs. Even more importantly, we are also going to have people showing some great plants. Judging has been further formalized from last year and we are expecting a wide selection of wonderful plants. Judging is open to everyone and last year many amateurs were surprised with ribbons.

If you don't think you want to have your plant judged, bring it anyway. We will have an area to just display plants so the general public can see what carnivorous plants are all about. What good does it do to hide your plants from the world so that only a few can see them?

There is even a chance some organizations will be filming that day to further promote CP.

I hope some of you can make it.

We are looking for volunteers to have fun helping and organizing. Please contact me if you can spare even an hour.

For pictures from last years show:
http://bacpsshow.homestead.com/BACPS2003showThankyou.html

For information on the show, including location and times and general
information:   www.bacps.org and go to the August Bulletin and/or the next meeting page.

Stephen Davis

stephenwd@sbcglobal.net

www.carnivorousplants.homestead.com
2003 Show PicturesBACPS Home PageBACPS Home Page

Rules and information on entering are in the August Bulletin at the BACPS web site.

I general, you bring your plant to the the Lake Merrit Garden Center in Oakland CA on Sept 19th between 9 and 10:30 and fill out the entry form. There will be people there to help you from that point.

Stephen

Unfortunately, days after first posting this we tried to fix a problem with our web site. This cascaded and we now have a down web site. Hopefully it will be back up soon, but for those of you that want to get to the Plant Show information now, go to: Temporary BACPS web address

Sorry for the inonvenience.

Stephen Davis
www.carnivorousplants.homestead.com

Hey Stephen. I'll be there!

I wouldnt mind hosting the BACPS web site... I'll never use all my space! Let me know!

-John Pizzicara

Also, I could help make the site more colorful, too. The all black and white is kind of an eyesore...

To sell just a few plants can I just show up with them or do I need to do something first?
confused.gif

Hi,

It's helpful if you email me how much space you'll need, but not required. I think most people will just show up. As this show is growing significantly each yar right now, it's hard to figure out how much space we will need. Last year a lot of small groweres showed up and a couple were hard pressed for space. This year I don't think it will be a problem.

For figuring space, think of feet lengthwise of the table. A minmum is probably 2 feet as you take up space as well.

Stephen
stephenwd@sbcglobal.net
smile.gif

Will do. If all goes well, I plan on bringing about 100 4 inch VFT and sundew pots to the show
smile.gif

100!? Have you ever sold them all? I might end up bring more plants then I thought too. I got some Utric growin in koi pond at a godly rate of what seems an inch a day! They also have nice red flush to the top of the growing point.
smile_n_32.gif

smilie4.gif
Just one more reminder before the big day. The BACPS Plant show is coming up fast. It's this Sunday, September 19, 2004 in Oakland CA.

See the web site next meeting page at BACP Home Page

Read the bulletin and Newsletter linked to on the home page for information on rules and how to guarantee you will have a space available if you want to sell plants.

email me if you are planing on bringing plants for sale! My email address is on the web site, by the way.

Stephen Davis

Eek! I'll E-mail you... Hope you dont have to pay for space, since I'm dirt broke till I sell them flytraps
smile_m_32.gif

smile.gif
Setting up, the space is free as always. But to leave, it will cost 10% of sales.  >;-D The money goes to the BACPS of course.

Stephen

CONSPIRACY!
smile_m_32.gif

Just kidding, I can live with that. It's for a good cause too!
biggrin.gif

Hello BACPS,

I am in my Motel room just North of Los Angeles, on my way to San Jose to visit my step-daughter, her husband, and their 2 year old, my granddaughter when I noticed this thread. Now I know where I am going to need to stop on the way to visit granddaughter. Gonna have to take a little detour and go over to 666 Bellevue Avenue in Oakland before completing my trip down to San Jose.

Outstanding Joseph!! We'll see you there!

I'm bringing a few small plants for trade and for the raffle. Oh, and my camera! Can't forget the camera!

Capslock

Back