What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A date

• Thread starter Travis
  • Start date
I am getting setup with a date but she is 8 years younger then I am.
smile_k_ani_32.gif
The reason why I am going with this is because I do not want to discriminate against age...I know I am *discriminating* right now. I have never dated anyone that young before. Say everything works out I get married, *fat chance, since I am 27 (28 tomorrow) and not married yet* since men live shorter lives
smile_k_ani_32.gif
by the time I am 80 or so I may be slowing down a tad. I think 8 year difference is to much, you? Not sure when this will happen but thought I would ask. For people married what is your age difference?

O' by the way, she is a hunter and would flush birds for me!  
smile_n_32.gif
Words can not describe that!!!  
smilie4.gif
hehehe...

my fiancee and i have been together for 2 and a half years. she is 8 years older than me and rarely do we notice it. go on the date and enjoy yourself. if she is a fellow hunter than grab her up....aint alll that many her age that are
smile_m_32.gif
i do almost all my hunting with my fiancee and have an absolute blast.

Rattler

If you feel well with her and her with you, who cares about age?

the older you get, the less these kinds of age differences mean..
and the "smaller" they seem..
I dont think 28 and 21 is a huge difference!
not at all...
age isnt important..all that matters is how you get along.
im engaged to a woman 5 years older than me!
we never even notice it..
Scot

When I met my wife I felt about the same way that you do. It wasn't long before I realized that age is only a number. If you think about it, it's crazy to not give a person a chance just because they were born 8 years after you were.
By the way I'm 31 and my wife is 72. You wouldn't believe how much fun we have at bingo. And when we go out to eat we always get a discount.

Go for it. Actual age means little next to kindred spirits. If you get along, and like the same stuff, you're golden.

if you were my age (16) you'd be dating an 8 year old!!! LOL!!! 1/2 your age... that's just too funny!
but since you're NOT 16... I guess it's alright
smile_m_32.gif

Good points...She is 20 right now. Just one of those things like "ek she is younger then my cousin". All that matters is if we get along and enjoy each other.

It is just one of those things you have never done before and need some outside opinions.
smile.gif
I like to have an open mind on opinions to come to a conclusion.

My father is 20 years older than my step-mother and 7 years older than my mother (and just as a point of clarification it was not the age issue that led to the divorce, it was something significantly more complicated.)

My sister-in-law currently has a boyfriend who is 25 years older than her (though I personally think that is him having a mid-life crisis.)

I think the thing that is getting to you is that you probably consider yourself an "adult" while someone who is 20 is still a bit of a youngster (like you said, younger than your cousin.) The thing to remember is that it isn't your cousin
smile.gif
Just go out and have fun, if you get along then great and don't sweat the age issue.

And if you don't hit it off then you can blame the age difference and make a clean get away (j/k
smile_n_32.gif
)

Thanks Pyro...Makes me feel better that others that have had good times and age is not an issue.
smile.gif

At least you can act imature (which I like to do on occasion) without her saying something about it... hehe. Go do it bro. If it works, cool. If not... you can always try 8 years older than you...
smile_m_32.gif

Andrew

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Aug. 31 2004,4:58)]At least you can act imature (which I like to do on occasion) without her saying something about it...  hehe.   Go do it bro.  If it works, cool.   If not...   you can always try 8 years older than you...    
smile_m_32.gif

Andrew
Good point, I could act like a 20 year old.
smile.gif
I will always be a ToysRus kid!! I really do not act my age at all. I tend to joke around, if you can imagine that. I hope she is cheerful.
smilie4.gif

yup when you're younger its weird.. like a one year difference or 10 months even is a little odd.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

just look at Anna Nicole Smith and whatever that old dude's name was. they were so happily in love.

I am only 1 yr older than my wife but when you get a little older, you probably won't mind a younger body, spirit, and personality to have. Of course this is still a first date but I say go for it especially if you like to act younger anyway. I say as long as 2 people are over 18 age means absolutely nothing.

Joe

I will be meeting her. I am not sure about the exact date or anything. I will have to give it a whirl, I do not want to look back and say darn it she was my type!

well i wouldn't bring up anna nicole smith, her relationship howard was controversial.

i dont see the big deal at all. you still have the same digit, and it's only 8 years. your not a creepy old man or anything lol.

Travis,

As all above have said the older you get the less it matters.  In your case I 'personally' see little issue as you are both adults.

When I met my GF I was 26 she was 19.  I must admit the age issue did cross my mind but she was very switched on for her age.  Most importantly we were able to communicate at the same level, which is the key to any relationship.

Now at 34 and 27 no one would even raise and eybrow.

So long as your reasons are genuine and 'healthy' at the end of the day it's how comfortable YOU feel about it that counts.

Aaron.

Back