What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warhammer 40k

• Thread starter Grim
  • Start date
I've been looking at this game recently and it seems pretty cool, A little expensive though. Has anybody here ever played it before? Is it worth the $ ?

Played as an RPG a long long time ago, I much prefer the classic Dungueons & Dragons. =D

I used to (2 years ago) play alot but now only play with brothers. It is a great game if you can find and keep people to play with. It is sometimes difficult at least for me to find other people to play with. But i love the game and it takes up lots of time, painting, scuplting, and sometimes playing

What army/s do you play? I am interested in 'nids and Necrons, The latter look really easy to paint.

Get americasarmy http://www.americasarmy.com ! its a free game and its better than any of those games
smile_m_32.gif
you can play online multiplayer too! You should have a graphics card with at least 150 MB memory though... I have 64 and it SUCKS
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I play Chaos, one of my bros play Blood Angels and the second Bro plays Necron. He is younger so I advised Necron for him because they are so easy to paint and still look nice.

I liked the Idea of warhammer 40k cuz you make stuff, I like the games where you just push buttons but they aren't the same as making something that is your own creation. wolf9striker, what do you think of the tyranids?

I love tyraniads, they are a support of my Chaos army. They add a weird aspect to most games. Beings they use different weapons, movement, and armour then all others. They may not be the most powerful, but they are really fun to play.

WOW have prices increased. I purchased a Bloodthirster prob a year or so ago for 35 dollars now they want 50!! Ugg that was the only prob with the game then and still is now. Once you get a good sized army though its pretty cheap cause you can just switch around wargear. It is a really fun game like a said if you have someone to play with frequently

Hey Grim I just looked you live in MI also.. You wouldnt be near the Battle Creek area would you?

I'm near Novi.

You can make your own creations with the games starcraft, warcraft, and diablo... Our very own capslock helped make these games
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Yeah, I know, I was never good with the Terrain editor though.

Hey, sorry I'm late
biggrin.gif

I paint the stuff, have been doing so for years:
The Games Workshop stuff got so expensive so wuick that as soon as the figures started getting better I had to look elsewhere: not playing the game I couldn't imagine spending 50 bucks on a slightly-larger-the-human character, Reaper makes the best mini's in the field now....

Tha Worx
That's some of my Heroclix stuff, plus my Motorhead Ogre, a piece I am quite proud of (he's about 1.5 inches tall if you're counting)

Sorry to go "off topic" but I thought the people in this thread might appreciate my work (it is all 25mm non-"epic" scale)

My oldest son does Warhammer (I'm afraid I got him hooked) and does incredible detail painting on these guys. He was over recently to discuss color schemes for his armies, and I took him out to the plants. "You want color schemes?", I asked. "Take a look at these!" He was blown away, and immediately saw some painting dynamics for his figures. We also discussed the possibility of an army that is part human, part machine, and part carnivorous plant. He loved the idea, and is designing figures with CP plant parts, too. I can't wait to see what he comes up with.

I'm looking at the prospect of a Yellow/Black scheme, but I'm open to new Ideas.

Try ice blue, with royal purple, with touches of yellow and black. You could substitute chrome silver for the ice blue, or the royal purple. Experiment with those and see what you get.

Would that work with the Tyranids?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spectabilis73 @ Sep. 05 2004,12:05)]Get americasarmy http://www.americasarmy.com ! its a free game and its better than any of those games
smile_m_32.gif
you can play online multiplayer too! You should have a graphics card with at least 150 MB memory though... I have 64 and it SUCKS
smile_k_ani_32.gif
It's ok. Battlefield vietnam way better. and they dont make 150 meg vid cards. Its 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256. I have a 128. Works fine. Ok game, though.

Back