What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Earth worms

Hello

I just have a quick question about have to get rid of earth worms in pots. A lot of my pot that I use peat in see to have earth worms in them. They do not seem to hurt the larger plant but they seem to burry any seedling and very small plants.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

I dont know Jeremiah,I havent had the problem.Do the worms get in the pots after the plants are growing,or are they in the soil when you plant the seed/plant?If the plants are big enough,take them out of the pots and microwave the pots with the soil in them,it might sound gross but it will kill all the critters in the pot!I do it on plants I have growing inside.

Jerry

[b said:
Quote[/b] (cool85k5 @ Sep. 06 2004,1:33)]I dont know Jeremiah,I havent had the problem.Do the worms get in the pots after the plants are growing,or are they in the soil when you plant the seed/plant?If the plants are big enough,take them out of the pots and microwave the pots with the soil in them,it might sound gross but it will kill all the critters in the pot!I do it on plants I have growing inside.

Jerry
dont think thats gonna work with 500+ plants
smile_m_32.gif

Superthrive should do the trick, worms die from most chemicals

He didnt say how many,I'm sure plants in trays and on grow tables are not going to have earth worms in them.The only way the worm is going to get in is if the plant are sitting on the ground.

Jerry

worms can climb... and once theyre in the pot and breed, they spread through the tray system

It may not work for seeds, but seedlings aren't bothered by the occasional flooding. We all know that worms appear after a good rain. So maybe they will surface after flooding them.

Well I dont have worms in my pots and they are outside.I have'nt had any climbing earth worms yet,all my plants are on tables.

Jerry

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spectabilis73 @ Sep. 05 2004,4:35)]dont think thats gonna work with 500+ plants
smile_m_32.gif

Superthrive should do the trick, worms die from most chemicals
ya his greenhouse is really amazing

I drowned mine. Just stuck the pot in the water for about 1 hr and voila killed everything that breathed O2

I love a happy ending!
smile_m_32.gif

lol

Back