What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A puzzle

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Time for another diversion:

The Puzzle

How many petals do you see around the rose?

Got it! Finally. That was driving me nuts. Good puzzle!

Capslock

It took about twelve attempts before I got it. My kids did not get it until I provided many, many obvious clues. My wife got it immediately--first attempt. I pointed out to her that the brighter you are, the harder it is to do. I'm in big trouble now.
smile_m_32.gif

It drove me nuts, looking for a mathematical pattern for four minutes - and then it dawned on me - and worked consistently.

cool game!!
it took me about an hour!
I even looked up other pages on it..
even when I had a big long string of examples, I *still* couldnt figure it out!!
mad.gif

finally, just thinking about the "3 rules" the answer popped into my head and it was all obvious!

found this other cool page about it:
http://www.borrett.id.au/computing/petals-bg.htm

the rose doesnt appeir on my screen

If you see the dice, that's all you're supposed to see.

Capslock

I got after about 5 minutes... Normally I would feel proud, but...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It had taken Dr. Duke well over a year himself, and he would always explain that the smarter you were, the longer it took to figure it out.

Geez!

I GOT IT!! i tried for an hour earlier today but just gave up, i decided to try again now and after a few minutes i got it!

Wait.. i thought i had it.. my techniche worked 3 times, now i'm getting em wrong again, or did i just get lucky 3 times in a row?

GAH!!! I'm going insane I can't get it!!!

I must be really really smart cos I cant get it right! Now im so mad over it tho, so I cant quit!!!
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scottychaos @ Sep. 06 2004,8:55)]cool game!!
it took me about an hour!
I even looked up other pages on it..
even when I had a big long string of examples, I *still* couldnt figure it out!!
mad.gif

finally, just thinking about the "3 rules" the answer popped into my head and it was all obvious!

found this other cool page about it:
http://www.borrett.id.au/computing/petals-bg.htm
Scott: Great article! kinda reminds me of "Who's on first..."
Pat: I know exactly how you feel!

Got the hang of it on my 2nd attempt. What do I get?
smile_n_32.gif

Woo! After thinking about it all day, I finally got it!
biggrin.gif

UGH!! I had the answer as soon as I looked at it but I didn't think it was that easy so I moved on and now I finally realized I was right. x.x Now that I think about it, it was really easy.

lol! I got it after about 5 minutes. I tried a couple of times, wrong. then I read the instructions and the background and I got it :p

It took me a little while. I actually had the right answer sooner but I must have added wrong so my answer didn't match...so I tossed that idea aside. Later I tried again and realized I was right.

I liked that.
smile.gif

Back