What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We all have personalties

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Just for fun, I provided a link to a personality test that I have taken a few times. It takes a look at Extrovert / Introvert, Sensing / Intuition, Thinking / Feeling, and Judging / Perceiving. Give it a try, just for the lark of it. I came out as an ESTJ and my wife is an INFP. How's that for contrast?

Personality test

I took that a while ago.. It said I was an ENTJ. Hm.

"quote: Congrats, you are mentally disturbed, sometimes cute and fuzzy, other times very scary...."

I dont quite understand what im supposed to do on the first page

Syas I am not a weirdo
smile.gif
I have all my marbles.

Yay.:D

I've actually taken that test for real. Its QUITE long...takes about 2 hours to complete. The ex-owner of the company I work for was big into Meyers-Briggs. If you know the principles well, its useful in business to determine how to handle various clients going by their personality traits.

I tested as an INFP-Introvert/Intuitive/Feeling/Perceptive. I was given a verbal consultation on the results and it was pretty dead on.

Like any of these tests, they are good, useful tools. They give you and others a frame of reference, allowing people to have a better understanding of what makes one tick. Ya also have to take them with a grain of salt.

Suzanne, you're another Lynn! (my wife)

Tell me you don't really believe that you can define something as complex as personality form a computer test please!

We are what we are, and the only person that can define that is YOU. Like the man said "Know Thyself". Once you do, you have to learn to be honest.

Honesty is important, once you can fake that, you got it made! You can take any of those tests and be anything you durn well please. The potential is awesome.

man PAK thats what i am going by the last time i took that test. i doubt much has changed.

Rattler

I think I am normal as for everyone I am not sure...
smile.gif
Two hour test...yikes that reminds me of college.

I have never been normal, and never want to be. Enough people are already doing that.

Yep, no normal here...   Although...  I am...   ...exactly   ....like ME!!    
smile.gif

Andrew
(oh, and no. I didn't take either of the tests...)

I don't know about the computer test, but the original Meyers-Briggs is quite accurate. However, its only as accurate as you are honest. Its just a series of questions asking you about your preferences in various situations. It serves no purpose to "lie" on the test. People only take it if they want to know the results. Typically people have to pay for the test and its quite long so not too many people would go to all that effort and then BS on the test skewing the results.

Its actually very interesting.
smile.gif

I to have taken the test for real. Very long. I fit into a very small class as I tend to be a Guardian that has artisian tendencies. I had to take it to be a paramedic. I agree with Tamlin, a personality is too hard to determine, but I think you can break it down a small was to a group. I have to admit the end result was fairly dead on. This smaller version is not very good and the questions do not have enough answers. In about a third of them the answer I had to pick was not my real answer, just the best of which I had to choose.

Oh, isn't that the Meyers-Briggs test?

I scored INTP in 11th grade...the surprise was now big my "p" rating was. Went around telling everyone to see my enormous P-ness.
laugh.gif

That's some good ammo Schloaty.
smile_m_32.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Schloaty, what else can I say? You slay me! Thanks for making me spew cokeacola all over my monitor!

I just took the sorter and I'm apparently an Artisan

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Sep. 08 2004,8:42)]I dont quite understand what im supposed to do on the first page
I a competely agree. What do me and Finch do on the first page?
confused.gif

Back