What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Short stuff or jolly green giant

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]All us poor Europeans, and ppl from Bosnia are all dhorter then Americans, so I am a shrimp. But I am tall for standards over here!

This poor European is 6 ft 2
smile_n_32.gif
I always have to laugh when I think my girlfriend is a full foot shorter than me
smile_n_32.gif
Oh well, I think I'm done growing, but just watch her outgrow me
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spectabilis73 @ Sep. 09 2004,5:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spectabilis73 @ Sep. 10 2004,1:35)]5' 9" 143 pounds last time I measured
confused.gif
(about 6 months ago, so I gotta be taller
smile_m_32.gif
)
Wait, i cant be taller... 73 year olds dont grow they shrink!
smile_m_32.gif
73? I thought you were 99!!!!!!!

Well, my oldest brother is 6'3, my middle brother is 6'6. But I don't know what happened to me, I'm the short one. I'm 5'11 and half.
I'll pull a Spec, I'm going to get my brother to join so I can win the seeds.
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Sep. 12 2004,3:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spectabilis73 @ Sep. 09 2004,5:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spectabilis73 @ Sep. 10 2004,1:35)]5' 9" 143 pounds last time I measured
confused.gif
(about 6 months ago, so I gotta be taller
smile_m_32.gif
)
Wait, i cant be taller... 73 year olds dont grow they shrink!
smile_m_32.gif
73? I thought you were 99!!!!!!!
No, i put the 99 in there as a joker... When i joined in 2002 i had just turned 73... right now im 75

I'm 6' 1" ... Alaskan Amazon lol

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Est @ Sep. 12 2004,1:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]All us poor Europeans, and ppl from Bosnia are all dhorter then Americans, so I am a shrimp. But I am tall for standards over here!

This  poor European is 6 ft 2  
smile_n_32.gif
  I always have to laugh when I think my girlfriend is a full foot shorter than me
smile_n_32.gif
 Oh well, I think I'm done growing, but just watch her outgrow me
smile_n_32.gif
What do oyu mean I am 6'2?!?!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
I am NOT! I am 164cm tall.........how can that be 6 foot?
Oh, I get it......you must have a different idea how big feet are!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Sep. 10 2004,3:39)]No hope for me.  
smile_h_32.gif
 5'2"

And I'm not a "guy".  
smile_n_32.gif
Poor Pak. *Gives her a pat*
Shes so short. Poor, poor PAK. *Continues patting*
LOL
smile_n_32.gif

smile_n_32.gif

smile_n_32.gif

smile_n_32.gif

smile_n_32.gif

I'm just on 6'5" and around 250 pounds.

5' 11" and about 130-45 lbs.

when i was little , one hundred seemed like a HUGE number! i thought i'd NEVER weigh 100 lbs lol. that's kinda funny. well, i think so... ok i'm gonna go now....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Seandew @ Sep. 14 2004,6:40)]I'm just on 6'5" and around 250 pounds.
Sean, welcome back! We just need to do something about the little red X.

You can fill that that Tight End spot that the Bills left open!

Thanks for your help Jim.

Maybe if I had filled in for the Bills on the weekend I might have got them over the line.

Giminy! I walk among GIANTS! Even Cindy is taller than me.
smile_h_32.gif

Thanks for the sympathy Dino. I guess I'll just go eat worms....
smile_h_32.gif

Maybe I should change my name to PlantAShrimp...

Sean: You're very welcome! And yeah, we needed you!
Suzanne: ROFL!!!!!!!!!! Great pun!!!!!!
Bonnie: Wow, you don't look that tall in the website pic. I was going to comment on the lack of Amazons on the forum, but....

I`m 5'6 I just got measured at a doctors visit.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Sep. 14 2004,6:08)]Bonnie: Wow, you don't look that tall in the website pic. I was going to comment on the lack of Amazons on the forum, but....
LOL I don't make a habit of standing next to rulers very often... well.. there are those annoying ones on the sides of convenience store doors.. but to pose I'd have to put my gun down and take my ski mask off and then that could just cause all sorts of problems ;)

I'm 6'2... which seems sort of normal around here...

I'll probably get myself in trouble for saying this, but this proves the hypothesis that critters further away from the equator are significantly taller than those nearest the equator. Bonnie is from the Pacidic Northwest, whereas Suzanne and Cindy are much further south and closer to the equator. That doesn't explain Sean, though. Lamarck might appreciate this one.
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pond boy @ Sep. 15 2004,12:31)]I`m 5'6 I just got measured at a doctors visit.
I am TALLER then you?!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
*Faints*

Its O.K PAK. *Pats*

Dino
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Sep. 15 2004,6:25)]I'll probably get myself in trouble for saying this, but this proves the hypothesis that critters further away from the equator are significantly taller than those nearest the equator. Bonnie is from the Pacidic Northwest, whereas Suzanne and Cindy are much further south and closer to the equator. That doesn't explain Sean, though. Lamarck might appreciate this one.
smile_m_32.gif
Well, it is true I was born and raised in Alaska.. but around here I'm still considered remarkably tall.. especialy for a girl. Most the women I meet in Alaska are closer to 5' 2" to 5' 6" ... and the guys aren't much taller on average..
I had heard that theory though..

In all seriousness, the closer you get to the equator, the more colorful (reds, yellows, purples) and smaller are the living critters. Toward the poles the living critters are larger and less colorful (grays, browns). These are tendencies and I'm sure someone can find the exception to the rule. I have heard the the deer in the southern US are smaller than those up north.

Back