What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carnivorous plant newsletter!  Congrats to:

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
I have only glanced through this newsletter very quickly this far... And what do I find!? ...I'll tell ya!
Drosera 'Rhodersian Beauty' by Tamlin Dawnstar,
Drosera regia 'Big Easy' by Joseph Clemens,
And
Pinguicula 'Enigma' by Travis Wyman!!!
Way to go group! They are all very pretty pictures of very nice plants!! I already grow the 'Big easy' now I need those other two.
smile_m_32.gif
So congrats to you all and those of you waiting for yours to come in the mail.... go right to pages 84,87,88, and 89.
Andrew

Way to go guys!Andrew,I have the P.'Enigma',got it from Travis.So between us,we have 2 out of 3.LOL

Jerry

Hehe
smile.gif

I have had a few requests for info on the newsletter... Read about it and the benifits of being a member here.
Andrew

Oh wow! Congrats to you three! You've mad the Big Time!!

Now to go re-label my regia with it's new official name! Woo hoo!

Thank you Andrew. I have not received my issue, so this comes as a surprise to me.

So, for my publication, this removes the annoying and illegitimate designation Drosera "Sp. Rhodesia", the use of which has never been legitimate. Now, it is twice legitimate since this is an alternative. Please update your labels accordingly and pass the word!

I think Drosera 'Rhodesian Beauty' is nuch nicer. My friend Phill Mann has this in TC, which was the impetus for the publication since the plant will enjoy an even wider distribution that has been previously known.

It was also a good candidate for Registration since it really is an ambiguous form, likely as a result of complex introgression between D. natalensis and one or more other South African taxa.

Congratulations to Joseph and Travis as well. Both of their respective cultivars are circulating quite widely as well: another proof positive to the power of generosity in establishing introduced plants into general cp culture.

I have some more likely candidates, but it will be awulie before I publish. I want to be sure their qualities are stable over time.

My next foray into cultivar publication will be the hybrid pygmy Drosera D. ericksoniae x D. pulchella. i am rather tired of having to type out the name every time, and due to its man made nature and superficial resembelence to other legitimate species, I want to name this in honor of Dr. Alastair Culham, who produced both this plant and many significant contributions to the taxonomy of the genus.

Congratulations all ways round, and thanks for the heads up Andrew!

Congrats! Hey Tamlin..looking through my plants I do not happen to see that one. Hey Andrew..I do not see a 'big easy' either. There must be some mistake here. Hmmm.

Congrats again, it is much deserved!

still havent gotten it but im still happy cause my alabamensis seeds came in, horray! also tamlin traded me a P. Enigma, so now i have a "pretty rare" plant

Back