What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

War on squirrels!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Oct. 11 2004,1:52)]lol, i got a chuckle out of that lol.

use humane traps, and if you must use death traps dont buy sticky paper, that's the least humane trap available. use repelants for fly's, dont give them a reason to come in in warm weather, and if you kill something give it to the cp's, they need love too!
Believe or not I have actually used several different types of the humane traps and in my experience they are no where near as effective as the the snap trap style. The sticky traps are pointless in my opinion because they don't instantly kill the mouse plus they aren't reusable. AS for the flies our house is old and has lots of hidden cracks that they come into. We've tried the repellant. In fact we have used a three prong attack of repellants, flypaper, and flyswatters and the little buggers still come in. Oh well free food for my plants/firebellied toad.

fine then, find other jobs. that's why i included "etc etc"

get rid of the food, get rid of the rats.block every entrance you can.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Oct. 11 2004,10:57)]Thats what taxes are for. a little bit from everyone doesn't cost much for each person and the end result is great. that's like if every american sent me a dollar, i'd have over 280 million dollars and it wouldn't hurt anyone. even with the small amount of people who can't afford one dollar, i'd still have a very close amout to 280 mill.
Taxes are high enough clint. And EVERYONE has to pay taxes reguardless of how much money they have. To them a dollar is a meal.

Yeah Clint you are all against hunting but what do you grow? Plants that eat animals! Besides hunting is part of the food chain Humans just like any other animal need to eat and as we are omnivorous we find our food in both vegetable and animal matter. We need to eat just like anything else how do we do this by either raising our own food. Or scavenging it from the wild. And hunting isn`t very cruel the animal(if you`re a good shot) would only hurt for a few minutes. Yet in commercial egghouses(for lack of a better term) they keep 3 hens in a cage that is less then the size of the wingspan of 1 hen! And they have it slanted wire so the hens can never scratch like a chicken is supposed to do,they feed them hormones and antibiotics to pump up there egg laying capacity and they never even see the sun until that one day when they get slaughtered for makeing soup because they are no longer useful layers:angry: I raise chickens and we free range them(they have free run of the yard and then come to a nice lighted\heated barn for night times to prevent predators from eating them) and they are very inteligent and social creatures. This needs to be stopped it`s just too cruel. Along with goldfish bowls.

I wouldn`t have the heart to kill a chicken though. But if I was able to eat I would eat chicken.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Oct. 11 2004,11:00)]fine then, find other jobs. that's why i included "etc etc"

Guess what? I have enough work to do.

Sorry clint but we just arent rich like you and can spend 500 dollars in one day on some humane animal equipment for some squirrel. (as you've said before)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Oct. 11 2004,12:52)]lol, i got a chuckle out of that lol.

use humane traps, and if you must use death traps dont buy sticky paper, that's the least humane trap available. use repelants for fly's, dont give them a reason to come in in warm weather, and if you kill something give it to the cp's, they need love too!
I agree with you on that those sticky traps are just inhumane. Personaly it bugs me whenever I see a mouse dead in a mouse trap. I felt realy guilty when I stepped on a baby chipmunk once and it`s mother went over to it and appeared to be crying I was so disheartened(Or should I say heartbroken) to see that:( especialy knowing it was my fault.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Oct. 11 2004,2:00)]fine then, find other jobs. that's why i included "etc etc"

Didn't read my posts. The mice come into the house in the winter. They don't come for the food as we keep that stuff away. They come for the warmth and we've fileld as many holes in the house as we could find. Doesn't help that for every hole we plug a mouse manages to chew out several others. Anyways off to bed will continue this debate tomorrow. I am suprised how many responses this thread has gotten.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pond boy @ Oct. 11 2004,2:01)]Yeah Clint you are all against hunting but what do you grow? Plants that eat animals! Besides hunting is part of the food chain Humans just like any other animal need to eat and as we are omnivorous we find our food in both vegetable and animal matter. We need to eat just like anything else how do we do this by either raising our own food. Or scavenging it from the wild. And hunting isn`t very cruel the animal(if you`re a good shot) would only hurt for a few minutes. Yet in commercial egghouses(for lack of a better term) they keep 3 hens in a cage that is less then the size of the wingspan of 1 hen! And they have it slanted wire so the hens can never scratch like a chicken is supposed to do,they feed them hormones and antibiotics to pump up there egg laying capacity and they never even see the sun until that one day when they get slaughtered for makeing soup because they are no longer useful layers:angry:  I raise chickens and we free range them(they have free run of the yard and then come to a nice lighted\heated barn for night times to prevent predators from eating them) and they are very inteligent and social creatures. This needs to be stopped it`s just too cruel. Along with goldfish bowls.
only my plants outside are fed, and i'm not the one who does it so my hands blood (or whatever they have) free.
my plants inside only catch what lives in the substrate, and that's their problem. everything else is fed with a mild fertilizer solution.

humans do not need to eat animals, look at me. even the american cancer society says that eating meat increases risk of cancer. you can get 100% of every nutrient you need from plant material.

hunting is cruel, assuming your a good shot, like you said it still HURTS. it is MURDER. if someone shot me in the head, it would only hurt for a few minutes, but does that make it right?

"Yet in commercial egghouses(for lack of a better term) they keep 3 hens in a cage that is less then the size of the wingspan of 1 hen! And they have it slanted wire so the hens can never scratch like a chicken is supposed to do,they feed them hormones and antibiotics to pump up there egg laying capacity and they never even see the sun until that one day when they get slaughtered for makeing soup because they are no longer useful layers" that is all true, not to mention broiler hens are bred to be frankenfood. they are denied water , food, and become canibalistic. to remedy this, their beaks are chopped off.

i thank you VERY much for freeranging your chickens, i really do. if you must have chickens, treat them like noah does instead of the way a factory farm would treat them
smile.gif
and i agree with goldfish bowls, too
smile.gif

Do you grow your own vegetables/fruit? If not then you still have blood on your hands.

sorry for not reading your post thoroughly.

if one live trap doesn't work well, use multiple ones, fill in the holes with something they can't chew through.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ALLOSAURZ @ Oct. 11 2004,2:10)]Do you grow your own vegetables/fruit? If not then you still have blood on your hands.
auctually, i do in the summer. but i mainly buy organic food from local markets.

and blood will always be on our hands, but in that context in my post, i wasn't talking about food for me. the trick is to minimize the blood.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Oct. 11 2004,11:08)]only my plants outside are fed, and i'm not the one who does it so my hands blood (or whatever they have) free.
my plants inside only catch what lives in the substrate, and that's their problem. everything else is fed with a mild fertilizer solution.

<span style='color:blue'>Oh no, they just ate some ants that went into the trap... this is murder!</span>

humans do not need to eat animals, look at me. even the american cancer society says that eating meat increases risk of cancer. you can get 100% of every nutrient you need from plant material.

<span style='color:blue'>Vegetarian diets are very expensive. Again, we dont have 10 dollars for each meal we eat.</span>

hunting is cruel, assuming your a good shot, like you said it still HURTS. it is MURDER. if someone shot me in the head, it would only hurt for a few minutes, but does that make it right?

<span style='color:blue'>Actually if you hunt correctly they die instantly. They dont hurt at all, not even 1/10th of a second. If you were shot in the head, would you be alive for 5 minutes in agony on the floor before you died? no indeed. Hunting isnt murder. These are ANIMALS we are talking about here... They arent HUMANS. They dont have the same level of AWARENESS as we do.</span>

"Yet in commercial egghouses(for lack of a better term) they keep 3 hens in a cage that is less then the size of the wingspan of 1 hen! And they have it slanted wire so the hens can never scratch like a chicken is supposed to do,they feed them hormones and antibiotics to pump up there egg laying capacity and they never even see the sun until that one day when they get slaughtered for makeing soup because they are no longer useful layers"  that is all true, not to mention broiler hens are bred to be frankenfood. they are denied water , food, and become canibalistic. to remedy this, their beaks are  chopped off.

<span style='color:blue'>eek yea thats true, and wrong...</span>
i thank you VERY much for freeranging your chickens, i really do. if you must have chickens, treat them like noah does instead of the way a factory farm would treat them
smile.gif
and i agree with goldfish bowls, too
smile.gif

<span style='color:blue'>yea</span>

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Oct. 11 2004,11:10)]sorry for not reading your post thoroughly.

if one live trap doesn't work well, use multiple ones, fill in the holes with something they can't chew through.
yea, they may not be able to chew through THOSE holes... but believe me theyll make more, everywhere...

Goldfish bowls are cruel cruel torture chambers *gasp* the fish suffocate slowly in those things the only thing they are good for is for a betta(if you keep you`re house warm) or a terrarium. And no Clint it isn`t murder murder involves killing some other human. Not animals,we were made by God to eat both plant and meat but if you can go by with just plant material fine:) Christ went with just plant material and fish all his life(I think Mary did too) but this wasn`t because eating meat is evil it`s because it`s a sacrafice to give up eating meat. Hmmm. what would you call me I don`t "eat" anything and my feeds are like a soy\milk base.........But thats not by choice if I could I`d eat a nice big lamburts all you can eat lamburt burger ummm.....I wish I was well again!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Oct. 11 2004,10:22)]and many hunters kill for sport oh and they have to kill them or else they'll die
smile_h_32.gif
I would like for you to respond to that, and many other questions you have left out... How convinient.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Oct. 11 2004,2:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ALLOSAURZ @ Oct. 11 2004,2:10)]Do you grow your own vegetables/fruit? If not then you still have blood on your hands.
auctually, i do in the summer. but i mainly buy organic food from local markets.

and blood will always be on our hands, but in that context in my post, i wasn't talking about food for me. the trick is to minimize the blood.
But you still in the end have blood on your hands. Is there a difference between a person who contributes to the murder of one person and another who contributes to the murder of ten? No there isn't they are both still murderers. Also meat is delicious. I don't care how wrong it is I am not giving up my delicious ham sandwhiches.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ALLOSAURZ @ Oct. 11 2004,11:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Oct. 11 2004,2:12)]
[b said:

But you still in the end have blood on your hands. Is there a difference between a person who contributes to the murder of one person and another who contributes to the murder of ten? No there isn't they are both still murderers. Also meat is delicious. I don't care how wrong it is I am not giving up my delicious ham sandwhiches.
100% agree
smile.gif
Oh and its not wrong

Spec,

I would like to help, but I am in work days again. I will catch up this topic when I get back. I am a hunter and will site the humanity in the practice when I have time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Oct. 11 2004,2:08)]hunting is cruel, assuming your a good shot, like you said it still HURTS. it is MURDER. if someone shot me in the head, it would only hurt for a few minutes, but does that make it right?
I am a huge hunter and people that can not deal with it, well to bad. I respect your opinion but their is no way I agree with it.
smile_o_32.gif

This will turn into pointless bickering. Basically what happens is that people get pissed off at each other because they do not understand their point of view. They try and try to explain and when that does not work you end up fighting. The pure fact is sometimes you will not change their mind and some people can not understand that.
smilie4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back