What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey Everyone -

We had another NECPS first on Saturday; more plants for auction than for display. Two Tables crammed FULL of Silent Auction Loot!:

6 - Drosera intermedias
6 - Drosera anglicas
7 - Drosera binatas
a stunning 2 foot tall S. leucophylla (donated by Dr Matt Opel)
a stunning 2 foot tall S. flava (another by Matt )
1 foot S. flava
1 foot S. leuco
S. purpurea
Nepenthes faizalana
Nepenthes maxima x tiatwiran
Nepenthes gentile
Nepenthes copilandii
Nepenthes belli 'orange'
Nepenthes alata
Nepenthes khasiana x ventricosa
Nepenthes ampullaria with 3 basal growth points
Nepenthes spect x vent
U. calcifida
A Fiesta pepper plant
Heliamphora minor
Roridula dentata seeds (I was sooooo psyched - I got some!)
Bybils seeds
2 big Venus Flytraps
Aldrovonda
Cobra Lily
Cephalotus (Way to go Nathan! A STEAL at just 8 bucks!!!!!)
The "Mystery" Plant was actually a set of three different 2 year old Sarracenia

We'll try to post pics soon.......

The few plants on 'display' were beautiful - I loved Dave Sackett's Nepenthes macrophylla - amazing red coloration.

We talked mostly about the upcoming Oct. Show (found out Priscilla has a fog machine!!!!).

Also "Dr. Matt" talked about his recent trip to Capetown South Africa. Amazing. Funny though, he didn't see any Cape Sundews while he was there!!

WildBill

Hi, I'm a Singaporean who is now in New York City on an exchange programme. I'm very interested in attending this CP show in Oct -- is it open to non-members? Also, how far is New England away from Boston? I know how to get from NYC to Boston but am clueless how then to get to Rhode Island, New England, etc.

Hopefully, someone can give me some useful directions? Been searching the internet but can't get anything practical. Thanks!

Hey Ebeyonder -

The show is open to anyone and everyone!! How long are you going to be in NYC? We'd love to have you come our regular meetings too!

Maybe you could carpool with someone, like Schloaty?

You can contact NECPS webmaster Nathan, at this link:ContactNecps

I know they are trying to set up carpools. Last year we had people drive from as far away as New Jersey and Vermont.

FYI, If you have a USA map, New England is a region in the Northeast part of the USA, made of the states Massachussets, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine. Our meetings, and the show are held at the greenhouses in Roger Williams Park, in Providence, Rhode Island. On a map you'll see that Providence is about 1/2 way between Boston & NYC off Interstate 95.

We do want to have a meeting closer to NYC one of these days, maybe at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens.

WildBill

Last Years CP Show

Hi Wildbill,

I'll be in NYC until May next year.

While I'm here, I wld like to see as many CPs as I can. Singapore doesn't have many CPs on display so I am keen to see them here in the US.

Thanks for the info; I'll try to contact some of the members and see if carpooling is a possibility.

Cheers.

Thought you guys would want to see pics of the loot from last Saturday's meeting:

20040911-NECPS-Record%20breaking%20silent%20auction%20selection.jpg

20040911-NECPS-members-New%20members%20giddy%20with%20their%20loot-Mark,%20Andrea,%20&%20Mike,%20with%20Kirk%20a-lurk.jpg

20040911-CP-N.ampullaria-beautiful%20bushy%20young%20plant.jpg

20040911-CP-D.muscipula-Giant%20VFTs%20on%20the%20auction%20table.jpg

20040911-NECPS-Matt%20oogles%20the%20huge%20silent%20auction%20selection.jpg

smile_k_ani_32.gif

Man! Wish I could'a been there...I am getting SO STOKED for the annual show!

speechless-smiley-014.gif

and to think i used to live near there

Back